#17 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

Bu&&er, 

Has anyone managed to install android on a microsoft phone ?

#18 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

"Microsoft will support Windows 10 customers who want to use Android and iOS on their phones"  That is a new one to me, never heard of such a thing. What does it mean? Are they referring to Windows 10 Desktop users interfacing/connecting to Android or iOS phones? Or installing either of those OS's in their old Windows phones?

By the way, I just learned that the Android phones are encrypted by default since version 6.0. So,if you plug them into you PC, you can not see any phone files unlike the Windows phone.    

Edited by xrocketengineer, 09 October 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#19 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

Well another interesting thing about the Android phone is that indeed, Google slurps a lot of your personal information. Yesterday, I went to lunch to a little "hole in the wall" Cuban restaurant. As I was walking back to the car, the phone vibrated and I had a message about if I wanted to do a review of the restaurant. It had pictures, reviews, and other information of the place. Today, I went to the supermarket and on my way out I had all this information and what was on sale and so on about the store. So, I will have to leave the phone behind if I decide to go on a crime spree. :whistling:     

#20 grck1

grck1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Or turn off location services unless you need them on. That is one thing about Google/ android I don't like. Hence mine is turned off until I want to use it, also the back ground spying between Google and Facebook really grinds my gears. Eg Google flights and then get ads on Facebook for those same flights. They seem to want to know all about everything you do all the time

#21 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Well another interesting thing about the Android phone is that indeed, Google slurps a lot of your personal information. Yesterday, I went to lunch to a little "hole in the wall" Cuban restaurant. As I was walking back to the car, the phone vibrated and I had a message about if I wanted to do a review of the restaurant. It had pictures, reviews, and other information of the place. Today, I went to the supermarket and on my way out I had all this information and what was on sale and so on about the store. So, I will have to leave the phone behind if I decide to go on a crime spree. :whistling:     

Yes, turn off Location Services.  It's creepy, it tracks every move you make.  I turned off and deleted mine https://support.goog...r/3118687?hl=en

Once, on my last Android phone, I looked at it and it said I'd been to Mumbai the day before! They say some apps might not function properly without it but I'll live with that.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users