5 replies to this topic

#1 Marsay

Marsay

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Hi I am new to this forum in the search,help to locate my Grandad's old Morris mini from 1959 no18 off the production line!!he bought this 1 year old and did a lot of engine modifications in the time he had it and tells me this was a very rare vehicle
I have been in contact with dvla and they are telling me the vehicle is still registered to someone in the uk 😇 But cannot release any information (which I can understand) They have told me to file a v888 form which I have,does any of you know of any other ways to try and locate I suspect this is sat in someone's barn or garage and would be really thankful in getting any information. He's now nearly 90 and would really love to see it again

Thanks in advance

Danny
East Yorkshire Hull

#2 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

Use the reg number to see what the latest information on it is using the DVLA's website mot check or cazana

#3 Marsay

Marsay

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

Hi
Thanks for the reply I have already done this and states no information held also checked on mid insurance again no insurance held on the vehicle it has been nearly 50years since he seen it would be great to find it 😊

#4 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

Its hidden away in someones garage and has been there for a fair few years then! Good luck finding it, would be a great story to tell

#5 Marsay

Marsay

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Hi thanks Chris
I will update any information I get so far I have found out that it has exchanged hands in 2005 and only has 1 previous owner which must of been my grandad as he said he bought this new for £500 in 1959 originally white but he is self changed the colour to British racing green with silver roof and bonnet the engine is highly speced up and in thos days did 0-60 in 7 secs he used to build them and race them what baffles me Chris is why my grandad was the only owner up until 2005 (maybe log books wasn't exchanged back then) really desperate to know 🤔
Cheers for your response

#6 Marsay

Marsay

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Hi thanks Chris
I will update any information I get so far I have found out that it has exchanged hands in 2005 and only has 1 previous owner which must of been my grandad as he said he bought this new for £500 in 1959 originally white but he is self changed the colour to British racing green with silver roof and bonnet the engine is highly speced up and in thos days did 0-60 in 7 secs he used to build them and race them what baffles me Chris is why my grandad was the only owner up until 2005 (maybe log books wasn't exchanged back then) really desperate to know 🤔
Cheers for your response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users