Photo

Classic Mini 25 (Limited Edition) 1984 Restoration Project.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stu.

Stu.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

About the Bodyshell.

The front panel, inner and outer wings and scuttle are all full new panels up to the A panels (which need fitting).

Alignment and allowance for the door and bonnet gaps is fine. Following welding in of the scuttle I’ve had the glass in with the seal and it fits fine. Bulkhead corrosion issues have been addressed and repaired (new metal) with no remaining issues.

The bodyshell requires the following to finish –

Completion of plug welding front panel to inner wing and completion of spot welds between front panel and outer wings.

Inner / outer sills and door steps to do.

Quarter panels and bin repairs to do.

Heel-board end repairs to do.

Boot floor replacement / repair to do.

Doors to restore. 1 set re-skinned (rust-free but need weld fettling / finishing.

Boot-lid to restore (rust-free).

The car is not complete as I bought it as an on-going restoration, but the following is included in the sale –

Bodyshell (obviously).

Front auto subframe (unrestored but ok).

Rear subframe (unrestored but ok).

2 sets of doors (unrestored but ok. 1 set re-skinned).

2 boot lids (unrestored but ok).

Bonnet (new and fits the new front end well).

Glass (some may be scratched).

Loom & electrics (ok).

Running gear, rod change, steering rack, column, brakes, suspension parts etc (all require full reconditioning).

Full Mini 25 interior in very good condition. Seats, door cards, steering wheel etc.

2 fuel tanks.

1 set 13’’ Minilites on tyres.

1 set 13’’ steel wheels on tyres.

Mini 25 hub caps.

Possibly other stuff which I've forgotton about.

I have a good manual 998 engine (stripped down & in bits) & gearbox (good), but no work done except cleaning / painting.

I also have the Mini 25 decals and associated gel decals for the finished bodyshell, some memorabilia and new Mini 25 merchandise (mug & keyring). I also have a Mini 25 corgi / dinky car.

I have many photos of the restoration work I’ve done, and would be happy to show these to anyone seriousy wanting to view / buy during a viewing. There is nothing to hide, and nothing wrong with the bodyshell, except that it just needs completing.

The V5c is in my name.

Personal circumstances mean I have to sell the old boy, but it’s been a hard decision to come to as I wanted to see it through. I just hope it can be fully restored to factory spec 25 as I intended.

£1100 ono.

I also have a professionally made rollover jig for a Mini (used on this bodyshell) which I may include separately with the sale for an aditional £250.

Located in East Yorkshire.

Please PM me or reply here. Serious interest only please.

Ky0wKIp.jpg

z09vSAB.jpg

Aaal7Yw.jpg

kc2XXvz.jpg

jCQN3vw.jpg

ODtqTny.jpg

#2 Stu.

Stu.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts