5 replies to this topic

#1 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

£6000 start price for a mini with a front panel fitted that badly ???!!!

http://www.ebay.co.u...ge/122751574948

#2 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

On this forum the outstanding build quality of some who would be considered amateurs takes my breath away.

The work carried out on this car by 'professionals' also takes my breath away - but for a completely different reason. That front panel/wing alignment makes me wonder if this had a front end smash before it was tarted up.

A 'fantastic job' on the paint!....  Wonder if they charged extra for slopping paint all over the bonnet catch?

#3 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

edited - yeh, it's because i'm looking through my phone.

Edited by Steve220, 15 October 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#4 Stu1961

Stu1961

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Local Club: Still Looking

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

If thats done by a professional then that would make me an expert and I've not even picked up a welder yet. This sort of thing doesn't suprise me to be honest my project (1982) had a front end bump very early in it's life and would assume the repair was done by professionals on the instruction of an insurance company. The front panel was very poorly fitted though it did line up with the wings mind unlike this one, bloke who did mine must have been a dab with the filler as there was at least a layer 2mm thick on both wings to bring them into alignment with the aforementioned front panel. The state of the inner wings where the front panel has been welded on, well suffice to say never seen so much pigeon s--t.        

#5 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

It'll still sell, some clueless fool who doesn't know what they're looking at.

They'll be taken in by the fresh paint and low miles, assume it's a solid but and go mental.

or the seller will get battered by sarcastic comments on eBay and realise the work done to the car was shocking and they've been had!

#6 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

I've got a very similar car on 29k miles, it will want a pair of outer sills and a front end respray to make it near perfect in the future, even with that work done I'd value it around £4750-5000 anyway so this ones still a bit rich.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users