Just had this from the clerk of the course
It is with great regret that I'm cancelling Saturday's event.
We have had a very wide response to the emails that went out last night - competitors saying they are looking forward to the challenge to others saying not sure how they are going to get out of their front drive.
We had a similar response to the marshals' email that went out last night.
However, I and my motor club have to be mindful of everybody's safety and feel cancelling is, unfortunately, the right course of action with this in the foremost of our minds.
This as you will appreciate has not been an easy decision, but we feel if one competitor, marshal or official had an accident getting to / from / on the event because of the weather conditions - it's not a responsibility that KDMC could live with.
I know some of you will be disappointed not to have the challenge but others will be relieved. As the organisers we cannot win, but the safety of everybody must come first.
We will look to see if we can run the event later in the year.
(Clerk of the Course)