5 replies to this topic

#1 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 11:34 AM

Ive only just realsied that the different shape of the pickup/van/traveller rear valance means the wheel arch flares for saloons wont fit! Does anybody know of anywhere making flares that will fit, or has anbody got round this some other way?

cheers

Chris

#2 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:35 AM

i had this problem with my van , i got round it by getting fiberglass copy arches (they were cheaper!) and then moddifiying them .
put masking tape on the area under the arch , trim away arch not needed , fit arch and build up where needed with fiberglass repair paste (dont use normal filler as this will just crack and fall off ) and then skim over with filler to give a finish for the paint .then remove the arch , peel off the masking tape and the arch now fits perfect .
you can use cardboard templates to get the same shape both sides , but a small differance wont be noticed as you cant see both sides at once ! :D

#3 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:22 AM

sounds like a good plan to me, ill give it a go. why did you use the copys?

#4 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:51 PM

because the originals are plastic and the fiberglass doesent bond as well to it , and if you *male chicken* it up , doesent cost as much to try again !

#5 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:56 PM

a friend of mine has graduated from uni as a guitar repair and builder... he wants a mini van for his work except with a slight difference... he wants to have a vtec engine in it.

#6 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:52 PM

well if he wants to see how fast they go, tell him to watch the ring mini video!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users