Cypher

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: GMOC

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

Hello TMF,

I've got a 1989 Rover Mini City E that's been sitting not being used as it should on my drive for a couple of years so I've decided to get her back up and running again ready for some track days and shows in 2018. 

She's a 998cc that's been bored out to 1080cc, has some light mods done to it already (filter, exhaust and some other bits that I can't remember). 

The cars been in the family since it was new, originally belonged to my grandparents. Then about 10 years ago, we gave the car a full resto which included a full back to bare metal color change respray from black to NightFire Red which was carried out by Hamish Wood and co at Brick Kiln Group over in Oxfordshire (top blokes!). 

I learnt to drive in her, then I went in to the VW scene for a bit, so unfortunately Matilda has just been sat on the drive for the last 4 years.

My current daily drive is a 2014 Mini Cooper S, but that doesn't put a smile on my face like Matilda did, so I'm hoping to get her back up and running before Spring Action Day at Castle Combe next year.  

I'll post some pictures up of Matilda tomorrow, but she is in a bit of a sorry state (nothing a bit of elbow grease will sort out though)! 

See y'all around,

Cypher. 

#2 blueovalcraig

blueovalcraig

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Why not take out TMF+ membership to save yourself some cash at MiniSpares.  Membership is £5/yr and (I think) it's a 7.5% discount at Mini Spares.

#3 Cypher

Cypher

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

Hello again, found a picture on my hardrive so I'd thought I'd upload them to here.  

0X7m4XW.jpg

#4 Cypher

Cypher

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Why not take out TMF+ membership to save yourself some cash at MiniSpares.  Membership is £5/yr and (I think) it's a 7.5% discount at Mini Spares.

Hi, and thanks for the welcome! Already have taken out TMF+ membership as it's going to come in handy for buying some parts for Matilda this winter! 

Got the following plans for her: 

• Italian Job Style Front SpotLights.
  • 13" Wheels 
  • Lower her so she's sat on her arse :P 
  • ABS Product Duckbill Splitter and Spoiler
  • Miglia Arches 
  • Stripped Interior
  • Sparco Sprint Bucket Seats (If they will fit) 
  • Then maybe a Safety Devices Half Cage if the budget allows for it.

Hoping to have her ready for Track Action at Spring Action Day for a shake down. 

#5 blueovalcraig

blueovalcraig

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

Looks good.  

Personally I wouldn't put 13s on her as they will have quite an impact on handling but that's totally up to you.

#6 Cypher

Cypher

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Looks good.  

Personally I wouldn't put 13s on her as they will have quite an impact on handling but that's totally up to you.

She's sat on 12's currently, but I would like something with a bit of a deeper dish than what's on there currently (believe the wheels are 5j wide). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users