243 replies to this topic

#241 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Ben,do you recommend that stuff for a regular Mini? Does it reduce the noise as well.
Keen to get sound dampening materials and quieten my Mini.

It is similar to the material that was fitted to Mini's in the factory and is suitable as an anti drum. It stiffens the floor pan up and takes out most of the drum and boom that a bare floor would give.
It does keep road noise down to an extent but proper carpet underlay is more suitable for that.
This car now has both so it should be a marked improvement.

It's still not going to be quiet in there but will be better than it was before

Thanks, Ben :) does minispares stock the stuff? I need to get the firewall padding, the bonnet padding and if I get the kit with the interior padding too, it would be nice to get this material too.

I'm not sure mate.

Mine comes from my paint supplier. I have always used the same one because it forms nicely. If it aint broke, dont fix it and all that.

#242 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Local Club: Cape Town Mini Owners Club

Posted Yesterday, 07:58 PM

Thanks. I'll have a look and perhaps contact Simon directly. Looked really good in the photos you shared.

#243 panky

panky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted Yesterday, 08:42 PM

I used this all over my Morris Traveller and it did make a difference, the biggest being inside the doors. You can get it pretty cheap on Ebay (cheaper than Silent Coat) have a search for sound deadening in car parts.

Here's an example

https://www.ebay.co....pQAAOSwbsBXpEoe

The car looks fantastic Ben, especially when all the rear end trim went back on :mrcool:

#244 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 PM

Thanks. I'll have a look and perhaps contact Simon directly. Looked really good in the photos you shared.

You will need a hot air gun to apply it and then either a small hard roller or finger tips of steel.  I have the latter..

When doing floors, you need to work it into the grooves as you go so you don't stretch it. I peel back the backing a little at a time to stop it sticking before you are ready.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)
Mini Spares