40 replies to this topic

#31 wingnut

wingnut

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:13 PM

i only saw this on  his website last night and looked again this morning and its already had a deposit paid on it.

#32 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

i only saw this on  his website last night and looked again this morning and its already had a deposit paid on it.

Only saw what?

#33 wingnut

wingnut

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Sorry,if you look at mab01uk's ebay listing you'll see what i mean

#34 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

All this money spent and very little use/fun. Seems some cars are just investments for capital gain.

Big shame

#35 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

If I won the euro millions I'd buy it and use it as my daily driver, well after I'd taken the stupid wheels off it :)

#36 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

Sorry,if you look at mab01uk's ebay listing you'll see what i mean

Interestingly a few months ago I saw someone trying to sell a Mini they'd got from the same seller.

The paid near 20K and had it on eBay a few times, price dropped to mid-teens IIRC and didn't find a buyer.

#37 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

'If two antique dealers were marooned on a desert island with just one chippendale chair they would both make a good living'....

The same can be said for two classic car dealers with one mini.

#38 bikerjohn

bikerjohn

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Local Club: mad manx minis

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

All classic cars are going the same way.

Motor-sport is/was never cheap and to be competitive costs a lot of cash.

Unless you are committed to historic rallying, you could get an MG-ZR or Rover 25 with the 1.4 twin-cam engine. I had one for endurance rallying and, even with a virtually standard engine, as required by the regulations, it was quicker than my full-on 1293 Cooper 'S' Mk.1 on twisty tarmac and much quicker on gravel. Very low-cost (in relative terms) as well.

Hence why I've been saving bits and collecting parts for the last 5 years and fingers crossed the build will start in 2018

#39 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

970cc Cooper S  :mrcool:

£53,000

http://www.carandcla....uk/car/C931878

#40 sansamn

sansamn

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

And remember that profits made on the sale of classic cars are exempt from capital gains tax.

To the tax man a classic car is a wasted asset as it is a piece of machinery - something at deprecates over time as it does not last forever (unless it’s an ex-works rally car of any marque that can be written off, reshelled, crushed, crashed an cloned a dozen times and still exist – but that’s another issue…)

You buy a load of shares in Big Bankers Buttplugs Inc and sell them a year later for £100K profit the tax man wants his share

However if you buy a nice classic car and sell it a year later (especially if you go through a large “reputable” auction houses who seem to like to advertise cars with some spurious claims around its history: “This lovely example of a 1983 Fiat 126 was reportedly used by Queen Elizabeth II and Elvis for a secret affair that took place before her majesty’s coronation. Quite often would they both, accompanied by a squad of the household carvery squeezed into the back with a couple of corgis, drive this delightful little car down to Portofino to take afternoon tea with the Pope”) and make £20k profit that goes straight into your pocket

Stupid really as a wasted asset is something that has depreciated over time. Some classic car dealers seeming to increase the price of their stock almost daily – the complete opposite of depreciation

#41 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

I want a household carvery now! Mmmm meat :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users