38 replies to this topic

#16 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Does anyone have an exhaustive list of what they do going by their site? 

I've seen 

Ball joints, 

Knuckle joints, 

Subframe rubber mounts, 

Rubber brake pipes, 

Rear brake pads

Front/rear brake cylinders. 

Might be useful to compile an actual list of what parts can be bought from Delphi. 

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 02 November 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#17 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

Parts I have found
2x ball joint td229w
4x knuckle joint tc30
2x tie rod end ta907
2x wheel rear cylinder lw11396
2x rear brake hose lh5146
2x front brake hose lh5148

Just trying to find someone who sells them other than eBay at moment
People can add to list if they wish

#18 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

for brake parts we should be ok as everything I've had from minisoares has been oem AP parts and i highly doubt they use suspect quality rubber. The rest of the suspension components however.......

#19 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

Parts I have found
2x ball joint td229w
4x knuckle joint tc30
2x tie rod end ta907

Beware of ebay for ordering Delphi parts.......a Mk1 Forum member recently bought some Mini knuckle joints which were advertised as genuine Delphi but what actually arrived came in a plain plastic bag, not a Delphi branded box as most of their parts do. Also the machining on the end the joint ( where it fits into the trumpet ) was not even machined square. He contacted Delphi and sent them photos of the knuckles and they said they were 100% not Delphi products, just cheap poor quality copies.

It later appeared the ebay seller sold both types (in theory) at different prices but in this particular case sent out the cheap copy......

£4.95:-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item483dcd7acb

TC30 £10.99:-

https://www.ebay.co....=item44067a9176

Mk1 Forum Thread:-

Delphi Knuckle joints ??

http://mk1-forum.net...php?f=3&t=20204

Edited by mab01uk, 02 November 2017 - 07:57 PM.

#20 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

This is the correct packaging for Delphi quality parts:-

Delphi-1_zpsanggubay.jpg

Delphi-2_zpscir0acgc.jpg

Photos thanks to: 1984mini25

#21 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

Parts I have found
2x ball joint td229w
4x knuckle joint tc30
2x tie rod end ta907

Beware of ebay for ordering Delphi parts.......a Mk1 Forum member recently bought some Mini knuckle joints which were advertised as genuine Delphi but what actually arrived came in a plain plastic bag, not a Delphi branded box as most of their parts do. Also the machining on the end the joint ( where it fits into the trumpet ) was not even machined square. He contacted Delphi and sent them photos of the knuckles and they said they were 100% not Delphi products, just cheap poor quality copies.
It later appeared the ebay seller sold both types (in theory) at different prices but in this particular case sent out the cheap copy......
£4.95:-
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item483dcd7acb
TC30 £10.99:-
https://www.ebay.co....=item44067a9176

Mk1 Forum Thread:-
Delphi Knuckle joints ??
http://mk1-forum.net...php?f=3&t=20204

This is the reason I am reluctant to buy from eBay and trying to find a stockist local (which is proving difficult)

#22 ga2davt

ga2davt

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

Maybe we should be giving bad feedback to the vendors on ebay who are selling quality and delivering something else. 

It's a nice idea to find a local supplier, but for me, not realistic. I work 9-5 and order my spares in the evening.

Better idea is to try to get MiniSpares to stock these so we can chose.

just a thought..

Edited by ga2davt, 02 November 2017 - 09:26 PM.

#23 spraybeater

spraybeater

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Local Club: Mcr

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

I got some front wheel cylinders for twin leading shoe drum brakes, from 

Minispares that were Delphi parts, in my last job before retiring was the

workshop manager for a large construction company one of my tasks was

to source the parts for the workshop, for spurious parts we used Delphi

supplied by Dingbro! this was in Scotland by the way, the downside for

most on here they are trade only suppliers .

#24 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

I'm lucky that I can buy mine from a local motorfactors, or can order them in within a few days. My advice for buying on eBay though is any 'Delphi' parts that don't arrive in Delphi packaging or boxes, send straight back.

Its not just, some parts they do, its knuckle joints, ball joints, subframe mounts, radius arm kits, wheel cylinders, disks, pads and brake shoes, brake and clutch hoses, clutch slaves, master cylinders, steering rack gaiters, cv boots, pot joint boots, track rod ends and alternator belts.

http://www.delphicat...DelphiHome.aspx

Enter the Reg, select rover group, engine size (as per original) then the relevant section from the menu, front or rear, and the correct year.

And at a guess why the likes of minispares won't stock them, is although the quality parts only cost a fraction more than the cheap tat, there probably isn't as much profit to be made on selling them.

#25 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

We have been reviewing this post as it has evolved, Minispares actively sources original parts as well as aftermarket. We do stock a range of Delphi parts where necessary to do so, but they are also not stocked if we believe them to be inferior to what we currently stock, and in some cases our aftermarket comes from the same supplier as Delphi.

Parts listed above that people name as Delphi being able to supply, we would offer the following instead.

Mini braking items (Formerly AP Braking or Caparo Braking Now 920Engineering)

Mini front wheel cylinders, GWC126 and GWC127. These are manufactured in the UK at the original plant (the original AP factory) to the original specifications and drawing's.

Mini rear wheel cylinders. As above

Mini front and rear brake hoses. As above, made in the UK using the original drawings and specifications.

37426996064_561eab6335.jpgAP Brake Hoses/Cylinders by NoahRobinson07, on Flickr

The question of stocking Delphi ball joint kits has been raised before, so to see if there was a quality improvement over the kit we stock, we ordered a set in. Nicely boxed, and as you would expect to see a kit. Upon opening however, it quickly became clear these are no different to the kits we have in stock, as these pictures show. They have the same kit labelling on the bag, and the same reference to batch codes. The main difference is they come with 2 extra lock tabs. We checked with our supplier of kits, and indeed they are the same. They add the extra tabs at the factory and then supply them to Delphi.

37426994774_b1fd559832.jpgMini Spares V.s Delphi Packaging 1 by NoahRobinson07, on Flickr

37426995364_cfb495cf9d.jpgMini Spares vs. Delphi Ball Joint packaging 2 by NoahRobinson07, on Flickr

24284484498_b6fd132a5d.jpgMini Spares vs. Delphi Ball Joint Exploded by NoahRobinson07, on Flickr

The knuckle joint we will indeed look at, and evaluate whether that is worth stocking

Engine mounts have also been mentioned above. This is largely market lead, Xpart (the MG Rover source) now only offer a non genuine aftermarket variant albeit at a largely inflated price. We offer a non genuine version (www.minispares.com/21A1902MS.aspx), as well as our own manufactured item made to the original drawing (www.minispares.com/21A1902.aspx)

In summary, people have suggested that we aren't interested in the quality, which is untrue.

In a time where come companies are starting to advertise/retail cheaply made brake hoses and ball joints for cheaper than I can purchase a quality item in for, we will continue to buy these items from reputable sources.

#26 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

Thank you Simon for viewing and responding to this subject. Looking at the parts above, they do look similar. I am just a little confused because it has been mentioned on here quite a few times that its the rubber that is the problem. In some cases, it has perished even before they get the car on the road. In contrast, I have read that the Delphi rubber seems to be more superior and thus lasting longer.
I am at the stage where i need to purchase all the above mentioned items and just wanted something that would last a bit longer than few thousand miles if I was lucky.
Please dont take this as me having a go. I just want to spend my hard earned cash on something that will last

#27 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

Thank you Simon for viewing and responding to this subject. Looking at the parts above, they do look similar. I am just a little confused because it has been mentioned on here quite a few times that its the rubber that is the problem. In some cases, it has perished even before they get the car on the road. In contrast, I have read that the Delphi rubber seems to be more superior and thus lasting longer.
I am at the stage where i need to purchase all the above mentioned items and just wanted something that would last a bit longer than few thousand miles if I was lucky.
Please dont take this as me having a go. I just want to spend my hard earned cash on something that will last

Given Simon's confidence in his product I'm sure he'll be more than happy to guarantee the quality of the rubber. I've always found them very fair to deal with.

Edited by Northernpower, 03 November 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#28 old original

old original

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

I agree with what has been said especially about the rubber parts. The boots on knuckle joints fitted in June have already cracked. I fully support Simon in his efforts in trying to source quality parts but this is an issue that seems to be on going.

#29 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

I agree with what has been said especially about the rubber parts. The boots on knuckle joints fitted in June have already cracked. I fully support Simon in his efforts in trying to source quality parts but this is an issue that seems to be on going.

Apart from some dirt, the rubbers on my Delphi knuckle joints are still like new after 15 months, unlike the 'cheap' ones with were lasting 3 months if that.

Also from the looks of it, the extra 'lock tabs' in the Delphi ball joint kit Simon mentions appear to be the bottom ball joint lock tap for drum brake hubs, witch also retain the brake line witch links the two wheel cylinders.

#30 DeanP

DeanP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hi
I have read on here and few other forums about the poor quality of rubber supplied on car suspension etc but that the Delphi rubber components seem to be of a good quality.
I was wondering where these could be purchased. I have tried my local motor factors and none of them sell Delphi except for coil packs.
Has anyone purchased any or know of anywhere that sells them in northwest, in particular, close to wigan
Thanks in advance
Steve

Thank you for starting this thread. I now know what I should be buying to get longer lasting rubber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users