Photo

Near Side Air Duct Fitting

Best Answer Pops_Guild , 05 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

Here you go. From when I stripped out my 1997 SPI. Hope they help Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

I now have a fan on the wheel arch side of the inner wing so I'm fitting a post 92 air duct behind the grille to the nearside wheel arch in an earlier car. My earlier one comes out straight up but this would foul my new fan. The later one comes out to the side. Has anyone got a photo of the wheel arch in a post 92 car to show how the flexible pipe runs from the inlet ducting specifically showing how its fixed? Do you know if it's the same diameter?

Thanks

#2 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:37 PM   Best Answer

Here you go. From when I stripped out my 1997 SPI. Hope they help

Attached Files

#3 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

No idea what your mini has but this one has a special shaped duct connected just behind the far right of grill. The flex pipe weaves its way around the headlight over the top of the expansion tank, round the charcoal canister and then attaches to the back of the fresh air vent connector. Mine didn't have anything securing either end of the flex.

#4 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

No idea what your mini has but this one has a special shaped duct connected just behind the far right of grill. The flex pipe weaves its way around the headlight over the top of the expansion tank, round the charcoal canister and then attaches to the back of the fresh air vent connector. Mine didn't have anything securing either end of the flex.

That's great, it's exactly what I wanted to see. Mines an earlier model and it's this arrangement I've just bought and I needed to see how it fits.

#5 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

No problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users