2 replies to this topic

#1 GearheadGrrrl

GearheadGrrrl

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Found my way over here 'cause it was too quiet over at MiniMania's forum. I'm the 2nd owner of a 1966 Cooper S 1275 I bought with money I should have spent on college in 1975. Thus I was educated in the finer points of panel replacement, cold (non) starting, etc.. I found the Mini will handle blizzards pretty well if you don't mind directing all the heat to defrosting a saucer sized spot in the windshield, and made it to work in a flood too. By the 90s I was making enough $$$ to afford Golf diesels for daily drivers and the Mini spent a few decades on the back burner. But now I'm retired, have a nice shop with attached home, and I'm eager to get on with restoration. And much restoration my Mini needs- there's rust holes in most every panel, including some they don't even make! So I'll be posting often in search of advice...

#2 blueovalcraig

blueovalcraig

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

Hi and welcome to The Mini Forum.  Look forward to seeing your restoration.

#3 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Welcome. For panels that 'they don't even make' try M-Machine here in the UK. They seem to have the most comprehensive range of Mini panels of all the suppliers. Email them with your problem panels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users