#16 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

what else you going to do with it ???

and if it came with a V5 surely it would state that ???

all it says is...

We would only ask that your old shell be available to be easily load onto a vehicle recovery truck on the day of collection and that you are available to assist in the process.

#17 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Witch hunt.  Hang him with no trial.

#18 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:51 AM

Witch hunt.  Hang him with no trial.

Probably guilty of sexual harassment too! 20 years ago! Burn him. The real crime is the price

#19 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Some of the posters here will be glad to know I've given up caring, I'll look after my own car and give advice to anyone buying a car and point out that it's a ringer when it is, the people buying ringers know what they are buying in most cases.

Fwiw even if it came with the v5 it would still be illegal as the shell alone doesn't add up to enough points to keep it's original identification but hey ho.

#20 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

DON'T GIVE UP!

Why do people think Minis are stolen so often?... It's just so easy to make a profit from doing so.

The shell isn't flushed down the loo like your daughters dead guppy -not only are the parts sold on but the shell has all identifying marks removed & is sold on as a bare shell or with a V5 from a different car.

The only people i can think off who might object to your efforts are those that are just too stupid to realise it reduces the likelihood that their Mini might be stolen.... or traders who don't care as they are making a profit from the merry-go-round of stolen parts & shells ( i wonder if the ex-staff of Jack Knight shed any tears when Minispeed closed down?).

#21 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

how much is a heritage shell ?

with doors bonnet boot

£7,750.00

http://www.bmh-ltd.com/minishell.htm

£7169 with Minispares TMF+ discount

#22 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,372 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

I'm just stating what I see as the facts. He isn't doing anything illegal. He may even be anticipating his customers probably will, but that's down to them. There is a legitimate market in all manner of motorsports and heavily modified cars that would lose their original identity anyway. Unlikely though it is that they'd be paying £7k for work they most probably could do themselves

He should be more concerned he could be setting himself up for a charge of receiving stolen property.

#23 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

Are you allowed to sell/transfer a complete bodyshell without id or reg documents?

In essence you take a car, cut the vin plates out and sell it on???

#24 minimans

minimans

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

What on earth is everybody going on about? The man is selling a painted repaired bodyshell, he's not selling a car or a title? How is that illegal? It's no more illegal than anybody else selling a bare shell? or even a heritage shell is it? And asking for an exchange is in essence the same as a want ad for a shell? As for the price that's between the buyer and seller at least it comes painted for the money...................

#25 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

What on earth is everybody going on about? The man is selling a painted repaired bodyshell, he's not selling a car or a title? How is that illegal? 

At some point it was a car and had a V5.

He's taken a vehicle, chopped out it's Vin tags and is selling the complete body.

#26 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

It would only be illegal if you used it to reshell an existing, registered, Mini.

I think this is the crux of the problem here. No one in their right mind would use this car for anything other than transferring an id over from a rotten shell at that price. The price is horrendous and the quality of the work as shown in the pictures is debatable. 

So no V5, exchange for your old shell and the doubter in me is saying this is going to end up as something not legal. I'll take back what i said about the ad being illegal as all he is doing is refurbing a shell but seriously if you are going to charge that sort of money for a shell without doors boot and bonnet as i previously mentioned then good luck with that. 

#27 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,372 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

It is painted? But that suggests his target market is as people are assuming.

The puzzler is he's effectively offering a restoration service, only with a game of V5 musical chairs thrown in - Why not keep it simple? 

I can also see the wheels falling off his business plan when he claps his eyes on the first trade in that makes £7k seem better value than fixing what you've got.

#28 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

What on earth is everybody going on about? The man is selling a painted repaired bodyshell, he's not selling a car or a title? How is that illegal? It's no more illegal than anybody else selling a bare shell? or even a heritage shell is it? And asking for an exchange is in essence the same as a want ad for a shell? As for the price that's between the buyer and seller at least it comes painted for the money...................

That's the crux of it,non of the shells he sells on or takes in can legally go on the road again without possibly a Q plate, that's not going to happen and he knows it but that's not his problem.

#29 Swift_General

Swift_General

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Nothing in the listing to suggest seller is doing anything illegal here. Of course there are the obvious illegal activities that the buyer could get up to as poimted out - but I don't see how eBay could legitimatly take this listing down, nor do I see why anyone would pay that money for it!

#30 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

I think it looks nice and shiney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users