#1 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

Do you think GC Motors just buy mini's to take control of the market like some kind of overlord. They seem to have absolutely loads just sitting there. As they are so far way from me I sent them a message asking them if they were open to offers on one of their cars that has been advertised for the past year. But got no reply.

Seems a really odd set up.

Here's the mini, I reckon it would make a great Cooper 'S' conversion with the odd red touches

Attached File  Grey mini.jpg   73.29K   4 downloads

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,890 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

All massively overpriced. Some of them arent as good as described either!

#3 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

They don't seem to sell much. The same ones just appear on ebay and pistonheads over and over again. Pity, I'm itching to buy one that I don't have to work on 'so much' and actually drive :-)

#4 SE10 Mini

SE10 Mini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Do you think GC Motors just buy mini's to take control of the market like some kind of overlord. They seem to have absolutely loads just sitting there. As they are so far way from me I sent them a message asking them if they were open to offers on one of their cars that has been advertised for the past year. But got no reply.

Here's the mini, I reckon it would make a great Cooper 'S' conversion with the odd red touches

attachicon.gifGrey mini.jpg

How much you willing to pay for it? I live very close by and could go and have a look for you over the next few weeks if you wanted.

#5 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

How much you willing to pay for it? I live very close by and could go and have a look for you over the next few weeks if you wanted.

Ideally £5-6k dependant on condition as that interior would have to go

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 08 November 2017 - 06:53 PM.

#6 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

GC Motors had these Minis for sale at the Brands Hatch Mini Festival back in 2016.......

http://www.theminifo...otos/?p=3404019

Also this thread a while back on the Mk1 Forum:-

http://www.mk1-forum...=16548&start=20

Edited by mab01uk, 08 November 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#7 leyland73

leyland73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

Graveyard for minis, most of them stored outside

#8 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

GC Motors had these Minis for sale at the Brands Hatch Mini Festival back in 2016.......

http://www.theminifo...otos/?p=3404019

Also this thread a while back on the Mk1 Forum:-

http://www.mk1-forum...=16548&start=20

that's nuts! just seen the green countryman estate is now £2k more on ebay. They must have soo much money they see them as long term investments. They will loose out big time when prices of classic cars dip ( as they are starting to do)

#9 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:27 PM

This, the vast majority of their stock is stored outside in all weather.

Alot of it has stood there for years as well, you can bet some of them are looking abit worse for wear these days.

Did I hear the owner tried to sell the business not too long ago but couldn't find a buyer???

#10 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

This, the vast majority of their stock is stored outside in all weather.

Alot of it has stood there for years as well, you can bet some of them are looking abit worse for wear these days.

Did I hear the owner tried to sell the business not too long ago but couldn't find a buyer???

Yes the business with stock was advertised for sale a couple of years ago.......see thread links above.

This message below was on their website in 2016 but seems to have now gone...not sure if they are under new ownership or just carrying on?
Quote:-
"After 48 years at our Swanley premises we are calling it a day.
Freehold available plus stock and theres a lot of it"

Edited by mab01uk, 09 November 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#11 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

Just carried on, I heard the business was just as overpriced as their stock.

#12 Haynes

Haynes

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

The advertised price is £8K, hes obviously in no hurry to move stock so you wouldnt get it for much less, if any.  Yes strange business model, whilst car values are appreciating, the condition therefore value of their stock can only be reducing.   But hes not going to talk discount when you havent even seen the car, so not surprised he hasnt reponded to be honest. 

#13 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

The advertised price is £8K, hes obviously in no hurry to move stock so you wouldnt get it for much less, if any.  Yes strange business model, whilst car values are appreciating, the condition therefore value of their stock can only be reducing.   But hes not going to talk discount when you havent even seen the car, so not surprised he hasnt reponded to be honest.
Yep I agree. But if they had a sniff of a sale they should jump on it. No wonder they don't sell much. From a buyer's point of view, I would want a few bases covered before travelling down to Kent to avoid wasting my time. But to not even get any dialogue from them doesn't set a good tone for things.

#14 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

I got in touch with them a few years back about a Touring S they had. Lovely little car, and I had cash at the time. They werent interested in negotiating at all, and didnt seem to think the prices were too high. Didnt buy it in the end and just as well as my Grand Prix came back up for sale about 3 months afterwards and I couldnt say no a second time!

#15 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Well they have sent some updated pictures on the car. Quite a bit of rust. they said they would sort out problems on body work and the reverse jumps out of selection, they said they would swap the gearbox out. ( I would want to do that work myself to be honest, so I know it was done properly)Not worth £8k IMO. Really surprised that they have about 125 cars (that's a lot of unliquid cash flow, even at £5k per car) that they prepare after the sale, would have thought you would want it to look its best before people look. They store them on gravel, so a definite mini grave yard! He was a pleasant enough chap though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users