So after owning various classic minis in the past and then some BMW versions (sorry! - still own an R56 JCW works) amongst a variety of hot hatches and fast saloons I once again entered the fray with this little purchase earlier in the year:
An early 90's italian job has given up its shell and some interior bits and whilst the body was pretty clean it does require some work to finish and whilst it looks good in the pics it was bought as a project. It has a 1380 fitted (allegedly!....yet to be confimed) with twin HS4 carbs and some other bits and pieces and also came with a load of bits from the origianl 68 car that will hopefully find thier way back onto this shell. So a deal was done and I made it mine
So with finally getting it home a few issues to deal with:
A few oil leaks (no surprise there!!) rocker cover, gear selector seal and what looks like the drive shaft oil seals although this latter one might just be where so much oil is running down the block from the rocker cover!!
- Drivers side door skin is loose
- Front suspension doughnuts have collapsed.
- Poor repairs to the inner sills (patches) plus damage from poor jacking
- Loose wing mirrors
- Running rough/over fueling
- A shed load of little wiring niggles and messiness
- Engine breather system needs sorting out
- Coolant hoses need to be replaced
And likley a load of other issues that I am yet to find as I start picking through this little lot. It sounds pretty bad but I didnt pay too much and nothing is particularly serious.
So I have already set about sorting out some these issues:
Firstly the mirrors:
Also found some new sun blinds that are much nicer than the originals:
New steering wheel:
Which meant the removal of these:
and then replaced them with these:
Also a Mk1 grill fitted along with some unusual spots:
So the general plan is to get the rest of the issues sorted out, Add some more nice parts and get it ready for the show season next year. More to come as loads of parts purchased.....
Edited by robj2502, 13 November 2017 - 08:45 AM.