22 replies to this topic

#16 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:53 PM

So I got a call from the estate agent today apparently the seller has now rejected my offer of the asking price and now wants another £35k !! Greedy [email protected] can forget it that’s my garage budget.
The search for a new garage continues.

Sorry to hear that mate.

#17 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,894 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

So I got a call from the estate agent today apparently the seller has now rejected my offer of the asking price and now wants another £35k !! Greedy [email protected] can forget it that’s my garage budget.

The search for a new garage continues.

I've had that happen to me, the estate agent rang back after a few weeks and asked whether or not my offer still stood. How long has the house been on the market for?

#18 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

It transpires that another agent knocked on their door and told them that if it sold that quick (within a week) then it must be too cheap. So they have put it on with him at more money.

The original agent said the only interested parties were us and another couple. It's a small village so we know the other couple and they are no longer interested. So I expect they will come around in a few weeks. I have told the agent if this happens I will lower my offer by £10k. We have 2 small kids so there is no way we want to move this side of Christmas and I hear there is another property coming to the market after Christmas with an even bigger back garden.

Fingers crossed.

#19 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,416 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

It sometimes works out for the best. 

You could ask the vendor to pay your conveyancing and survey fees, refundable on completion, since they'll have history of mucking about. You might need too much nerve if you also offer 10k less though.

#20 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

You could ask the vendor to pay your conveyancing and survey fees, refundable on completion, since they'll have history of mucking about. You might need too much nerve if you also offer 10k less though.

I don’t trust that the guy will go through with the sale now so I am hoping another house comes up and I don’t have to deal with him again.

#21 DeanP

DeanP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Fingers crossed everything pans out okay. Nothing worse than being messed around when buying and selling a house.

#22 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,416 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

I don’t trust that the guy will go through with the sale now so I am hoping another house comes up and I don’t have to deal with him again.

Yes,

You can bet when you've completed something better will come on the market too! You'd have to be an estate agent to actually enjoy the process. 

#23 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

Yeah it will be ok in the end. Just a bit of a pain not knowing if I should pack up the garage or carry on welding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users