5 replies to this topic

#1 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

Mini's return to the road as I want it has taken years, european road trips and a couple of Cyprus / Malta flights  to track down rare components, wheeling and dealing, destruction of a dishwasher - sadly abused, loss of dining room for months to be a "cleanroom" to rebuild engine & box, not to mention a heap of receipts totalling nearly £6K (Ok whole car is cost neutral as I've made it back via trading spares).... got car to 99% complete ...and.......

......My best bud bought a motorbike earlier in the year .... roll on a few months and without conscious thought I idiotically caught the itch again (last experience on 2 wheels led to nasty surgery metal inserts and lots of plaster)  after 30 years on 4 wheels, did a couple of refresher days......and a very very tidy  '82 Suzuki Katana mysteriously materialised in my garage (4 carbs, way too much weight by modern standards and much fun!)...since then zero mini progress and this evening I've admitted the inevitable dumped the coolant, changed the oil, overinflated the tyres, SORN'ed  and put the cover on the old thing..........

Mini won't get sold - ever, but a sad realisation that having got so close to my opinionated idea of perfection I've lost the mojo for a bit  - self inflicted mini depessed!.....................

#2 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

2 wheels are more fun

#3 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

I've just bought a brand new Ducati as a 40th birthday present to myself!

#4 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

Feeling slightly consoled :-) - having much fun with the bike - been out this morning for a good blast.......fair play pete - have the joy of living in North Somerset - IMHO the home of some of the best riding roads in the SW .....a pair of Ducati's left me feeling mightily underpowered !!!

#5 Pairaminis

Pairaminis

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

Been working on my Mini for more than three years and have only to install the driver's side drive shaft to make it road worthy.  But recently I bought a sharp cafe racer Honda bike and then another for parts and my poor Mini has been sitting neglected.  Like Wile Coyote my mojo has shifted.  I too will never sell my Mini but right now with the last bit of descent weather for two wheel riding waning a bit (28 degrees F this morning) I just can't help myself. LOL

Jack

#6 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

I need to sell my Yamaha RD 125 LC to fund the mini

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users