4 replies to this topic

#1 leyland73

leyland73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

Hi, Im considering replacing the vinyl roof on my rose metallic mini 1100 special. I know the exact vinyl is no longer available but can anyone recommend an alternative vinyl and a supplier? Ive looked a woolies and also martrim, but Im struggling to get the right colour. But with 38 yr old vinyl Im sure the colour has weathered over the years.

#2 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

Frank (Spraybeater) managed to source some for the Oyler Contessa. The supplier may be in his thread somewhere.

http://www.theminifo...countess/page-9

HD6P92s.jpg

#3 spraybeater

spraybeater

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Local Club: Mcr

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

Hi, Im considering replacing the vinyl roof on my rose metallic mini 1100 special. I know the exact vinyl is no longer available but can anyone recommend an alternative vinyl and a supplier? Ive looked a woolies and also martrim, but Im struggling to get the right colour. But with 38 yr old vinyl Im sure the colour has weathered over the years.

PM answered 

#4 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

Optimise automotive do them

#5 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

As above, we make them and a colour chart can be found on the website here: LINK

They are literally the only colours available though, so it's either progress with the biscuit tan or forget about it I'm afraid. Basically, if the places such as Martrim, Woolies, Segal etc. can't get other colours, there not manufactured.

Regards,

Andy @ Optimise Automotive

EDIT: The one in the photo looks like biscuit tan to me.

Edited by roberts, 22 November 2017 - 10:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users