3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

Hi guys, I know there have been discussions like this in the past, but nothing that answers my questions, so here I am. 

I quite fancy fitting angel eye lights, mainly for the looks, but also because my standard lights dreadful. However I've seen a lot of angel eyes on minis that look great, and some that look cheap and rubbish due to the ring not lighting up completely, so if you've got some that are decent could you point me in the right direction? 

I've also heard they're not legal if they're not e-marked, so has anyone had issues with this before? Can e-marked angel eyes be bought? 

Cheers guys

Chris

#2 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

No idea on where to buy the ones your asking about. But you could also change the side light bulbs that light up the halo to led bulbs. Or an idea I quite like, but have yet to try, swap the indicators to side lights/clear lenses and use the halo with orange bulbs for the indicators.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about the headlamps not being e marked, you should have any issues with the mot providing the beam pattern is correct.

*edit* could try http://www.minispare...ini-d6019-pair/

#3 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 5,639 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Minitrailers used to do emarked Wipac freeforms with an led ring, though you should be easily able to replicate using an smd led ring off ebay. 

Even though my tastes have matured as ive got older, I still love angel eyes and have them on both spots / fogs on my Minis, and have the half semi led circle headlights.

One of my winter projects is to combine these headlights with a p700 headlight front.

s-l1000.jpg

#4 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

I have heard though, with the led ones if one or more of the leds fail you can't split the units to replace them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users