4 replies to this topic

#1 FutileBinkie

FutileBinkie
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hi Everyone,

Ive got a 1988 Austin Mini.

Its a white Mary Quant and from the research Ive done its pretty much factory spec.

Its got almost no rust on it and has done about 60k. Its had a new front end and boot floor.

It has the original interior/wheels/decals etc.

Are these versions becoming rare?

I initially bought one to start modifying, but if this is rare, Id keep it stock.

If not, pass me the angle grinder!

Cheers

Jonny

Attached Files

#2 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

Ive got a 1988 Austin Mini.

Its a white Mary Quant and from the research Ive done its pretty much factory spec.

Its got almost no rust on it and has done about 60k. Its had a new front end and boot floor.

It has the original interior/wheels/decals etc.

Are these versions becoming rare?

I initially bought one to start modifying, but if this is rare, Id keep it stock.

If not, pass me the angle grinder!

Cheers

Jonny

Welcome to TMF!
Most special editions are getting rare, specially fully original(complete) ones!
Then again, it's your car.
If you decide to mod, keep all the parts even the not so important ones including rubber parts as the new ones are not so good sometimes.
Just enjoy it, what ever you do! 😇

#3 slidehammer

slidehammer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

Leave it stock, it will be a far better investment in the long run. Buy a more main stream Mini if you want to get busy with the angle grinder, there are loads on Ebay needing love and have long since lost most of their originality, so you will only improve those.

#4 FutileBinkie

FutileBinkie
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

Thanks for the advice!

Im still in two minds about it.

All the mods I would do would be bolt on, so it could be returned to standard. The only bit that would be drastic would be arch modifications. Would that devalue it too much do you think? For example, if it was all standard apart from larger arches?

#5 Quincy Sparks

Quincy Sparks

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Local Club: BHMC, MCR

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Hey Jonny, car looks great! As the others have said, definitely worth keeping in factory spec if it's currently got all the original bits! There's a Designer Register group on Facebook who'd love to see pics of the car I'm sure : https://www.facebook...signerregister/ Hopefully see you out and about at a show next year :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users