20 replies to this topic

#16 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

Hi Ben I'm at my f$$king end thanks for the posts but what the kinell do you have to do too get it looking something like, the car is straight no front end damage completely original

#17 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

I find that some of the panels are hit and miss.

On the car in my pictures above, I was convinced it was the wing as the scuttles always seem to be spot on so I tried another wing and it was the same.

It was then that I closely compared the 2 scuttle ends and noticed the difference. The bit that tucks down behind the wing was too bulbous (for want of a better word) and also came down to low, much lower than the closing panel.

Once reshaped, the issues were sorted.

Good luck with yours, hope it works out. Might be wise to step away for a bit and go back to it with a fresh eye

#18 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

Well that's just cost £105.00 drivers-side wing distorted tried everything even releasing the scuttle closing plate to see if any tension there,dressing the curve that follows the scuttle to re-shape and no further on with alignment, so the big hammer got the better of me F**king fuming.

Anyone want a laugh I'll post the flattened wing  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Bugger, that ain't good. I do feel your pain though. The Magnum wing i tried to fit to my mates Red One would not go at all on that side. I even cut the wing around the rear of it to try and get it to follow the contour of the scuttle. That wing went in the bin as well as it goes.

Even though Paddys wings look ok, the l/h one took me a huge amount of time to get right and that included giving the scuttle some hammer love.

#19 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

Quick update for those interested I've received a new wing today and spent a couple of hours trial fitting and there is a big difference in fit from the other heritage panel a little more tweaking and it might be acceptable and prevent me from selling up  :angry:  

#20 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Quick update for those interested I've received a new wing today and spent a couple of hours trial fitting and there is a big difference in fit from the other heritage panel a little more tweaking and it might be acceptable and prevent me from selling up  :angry:

Happy days.

#21 Davemac80

Davemac80

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:42 PM

Hows it look now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users