#16 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

HAVent a tonne of them gone missing recently which explains the large jump.

No they can't go missing but an individual can lose their access to them (this is normally through losing the hard drive they're stored on) but they are still in the system whether they are dormant or not.

A bit on the radio today about this (I know nothing)
Only worth something if you sell them !
And no guarantee what so ever if it goes belly up you will lose everything!
The experts are predicting it’s going to pop ???

Everybody has been predicting it will go bang in a big way and I must say it's far too risky for me but it seems to just keep gaining momentum.

Everyone expects it to go bang, but it's a question of will it go bang at $15k or $150k ??

In the mean time you make hay while the sun shines.

I think the issue may be that governments around the world will try and do their best to destroy the value in bitcoins - in the UK we are seeing increasing pressure on making us a cashless society where you keep everything in a bank.

My understanding is that as a virtual currency it's not centralised so cannot be government controlled or manipulated. 

It's actually totally useless as an actual currency, the network is completely over-whelmed as it is.

To process a transaction you either pay a fee to do it now (upto $20 or more at busy times) or you wait several days for it to go thru free.

In no sane world is that acceptable as a means of payment.

#17 JBW

JBW

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

The old saying " That if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" comes to my mind !

#18 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

Could it just all be shill speculation?

Don't know much about them, but aren't they "mined" by performing calculations based on ones that already exist? That'd mean the more you have the greater your chances of mining new ones? If so, there'd be a multiplier of their value in that, the more you have the  more they can earn you.

I guess that also gives them a "value" Marx would recognise in the electricity and computing resources you expend number crunching the next one in to existence.

At least it's not as damaging as the arsenic pollution from refining gold or as dangerous as a mining diamonds in S.A and Venezuela.

#19 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

anyone interested in trading bitcoins inbox me 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users