2 replies to this topic

#1 splintercat

splintercat

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

So I have now gone down the retro road.......gone are the leather seats and 4 point harnesses, the roll cage is coming out over Christmas, the rev counter has gone and I am desperately trying to think of the easiest way to get the damn tint off of the windows? how does that stuff come off? it's obviously only on the rear three, and is looking shabby NOT CHIC, I do not want to try and scrape it off? so is there any propriety tint remover available?  don't think it has beeen sprayed on as it seems to have peeled in places. I am now just left with a centre speedo and temp gauge and ashtray. No dash rails or upper rail covering and just an original 1970s TAX Disc still being displayed, am I still allowed to display that? Is that too much or too little?

#2 Tony75

Tony75

Just On Tickover

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

Can you not remove the tint with a hairdryer? Just heat it up enough to soften it and it should peel off. Don't take that as gospel though as I've never tried, just an idea

#3 splintercat

splintercat

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Can you not remove the tint with a hairdryer? Just heat it up enough to soften it and it should peel off. Don't take that as gospel though as I've never tried, just an idea

just been watching that on youtube..............thanks may even have a go, can't do any real harm :} 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares