1 reply to this topic

#1 Paddi

Paddi

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

This 1984 Mini 25 anniversary edition with just 29k on the clock has languished unused for about a decade or so since its owner (my mother) became a bit too old to drive any longer.

The car has been owned by my family since 1987 and was stored in a warm dry integral garage in darkest Essex until last week when I retrieved it back to my home in Hertfordshire.

Rather unkindly I've left it outside in this awful weather but will move it into my garage after making some space for it.

Plans are just to recommission and move it on but that may take me a while. The engine started up and ran sweetly with just a fresh battery connected up and a splash of fresh fuel. Naturally everyone who sees it immediately falls in love with the little thing and urges me to keep it. Unfortunately I already have a couple of other (non-mini) classics to look after so tempting as it may be .....

Only obvious tin worm is in both doors but I'm expecting to find some more on detailed inspection. 

Sorry - I know it is customary to post pictures but just not had an opportunity to take any that would do it justice yet.

My own mini history stems from helping my Dad to maintain an even earlier model (1964) that was my mother's original car. Passed my test in it and somehow managed not to crash it despite some valiant attempts.

We owned that one from new so it was immaculate - sadly some unspeakable scumbag stole it from the driveway in 1987 and it was never found.

Updates and daft questions will no doubt follow.

#2 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Welcome along.

I have a Mini 25 too but it still needs a lot of work and progress had been stalled for a few years now.

I shall look forward to seeing pictures of yours.

Cheers

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users