Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

From the latest FBHVC Newsletter Issue 6 - 2017

DVLA
"Several people have drawn my attention to an unfortunate revision to the DVLA service to supply information about a vehicle in response to a V888 request. Up until September it was possible for a vehicle keeper to obtain all the registration history that DVLA held for that vehicle on payment of a small fee. DVLA considered that researching the vehicles history was ‘reasonable cause’ for needing the information.
However, since September DVLA have revised the requirements for ‘reasonable cause’ and researching the vehicle history is no longer acceptable. The V888 form itself has been revised to reflect these changes. Further guidance on ‘reasonable cause’ can be found at www.gov.uk/ request-information-from-dvla We will discuss this further with DVLA but we believe that the General Data Protection Regulation does unfortunately leave them with no choice. Thus, we have all lost a valuable service."
http://fbhvc.co.uk/m...letter-archive/

#2 g111mds

g111mds

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:06 AM

Shame - done this a couple of times the past, and its been fascinating to see the details of the previous owners and where the cars have been.

#3 Trissy B

Trissy B

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor Regis Motor Club

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

I tried this in October! That's why I got rejected then..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users