Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Classic Mini Clubman

Year 1980

Engine 1275

My Mini Clubman currently has a three clock binical taken from a GT it's the old type with the grey dials. I was thinking of swapping it for the newer Magnolia three clocks out of an MPI

I intend to make sure the mileage reads the same on both sets of clocks as not to do anything illegal

MY question is, will it plug straight in at the back with the same wiring loom connector so that every thing works just the same?

PS, Hope this has not already been answered before.

Thank you

Mick.

#2 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

The speedo and fuel/temp gauges should be fine but you may have an issue with the Rev counter as I believe the MPi version when used on non MPi cars shows a reading double of what the engine is doing. Have a red of the link below and the document attached.

http://www.theminifo...ounter-problem/

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,934 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

yes the MPI uses wasted spark ignition so your engine would show half the rpm. presuming single coil pack and not two.

there is no need to do anything to the mileage unless you deliberately sell it with a lower mileage. trying to pass it of that it is not. just make a note of old and new mileages. and keep it in your records. you may even find the MOT person can add a note.

Edited by nicklouse, 14 December 2017 - 08:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users