Photo

Ado88 Technical Drawings Discovered.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

Austin Metro prototype engineering drawings

A fascinating find uncovered – engineering drawings of the ADO88 and LC8 projects… The differences between the original car and the pre-launch facelift are clear to see – and the fact that these drawings of the ADO88 were produced at all clearly shows just how close to production it was…

The ADO88 so nearly made it into production – and would have been BL’s bargain basement supermini campaigner. Until a last minute change of heart…

As can be seen from these images, the engineering drawings were so detailed that it must have been weeks away from having the tooling built up.

We’ve seen plenty of images of the ADO88 elsewhere, and wonder who it would have fared against the opposition – would it have been more, or less, of a success than the Austin Metro?

http://www.aronline....88lc8-drawings/

Edited by mab01uk, 14 December 2017 - 10:37 PM.

#2 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

Amazing how the prototypes looked like other cars (Fiat Strada , Diahatsui Charade )

sad that such talents & time were wasted on leyland / bmc / rover , due to bickering / poor management / unions / government decisions / etc

could have been a world leader now - instead of being extinct - although I still do contract work for a part of the Leyland group - Leyland / DAF Trucks

so some bits of the group are still alive - even if taken over / changed around many times

and https://www.aronline.co.uk/ is a great site to look at -

(be prepared to lose a few hours on there)

Edited by sledgehammer, 15 December 2017 - 12:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users