I Just Bought A Mini 40 And I´m A Bit Confused

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fernando Mansilla

Fernando Mansilla
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:53 AM

Hi everyone! I just bought a my second MINI and this was one car I´ve waited mfor a long time.. It´s a Classic MINI 2000, 40 Anniversary with Air Conditioner.

This one was brought in from Japan and I´m trying to find more about this car but the specs don´t match any of the standard configurations and the VIN Number has a strange "Y" that worries me.

I believe is a MINI 40 cause it has all the general characteristics: 40 Bonet emblem, GB lettering on Boot Lid, 40 anniversary in between the dash gauges, etc. Even so, the color on the plate says it´s a Brooklands Green which was not used on this particular versión and has also black leather interior which is also not a standard.

On the other hand, the chasis VIN 10th letter is a "Y" but accorind to most sites it should be an "A" or a "B" depending if it is a  regular 1.3 (A)  or a 1.3 special edition(B)

Any ideas if this configuration might be a special order and not a Factory standard and why is there a Y on my 10th position VIN lettering.

Have a great Christmas!

Fernando

#2 mini 4o

mini 4o

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Local Club: corfu mini's

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Brooklands Green  and black leather interior is normal with a Japanese model , you can also see red blue white black in japan many are fitted with air-con and auto box. look around this site one of many selling used minis.   John 

http://www.goo-net-e...4001/index.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users