Photo

What're Peoples Thoughts On This Then? The 100K Mini From David Brown ...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Quote from their site

Officially, DBA refurbishes Minis, rather than making new ones.  It works with existing cars, obtaining new shells from British Motor Heritage (a legitimate form of restoration) then sets out on a long, labour-intensive job of preparing and de-seaming them, refitting as much of the original equipment as is relevant, equipping each car with a 1275cc engine and much, much more.

So how much of the original car actually remains then?

Also I noticed with the car in that video, it's now been clocked as well.  O_O  O_O  O_O

shmee is also a character that divides, clearly i'm not in the demographic for his target audience, i'm probably a bit long in the tooth. 

I'm yet to meet a person that doesn't think he's a total whopper.  I'm not sure who his target audience is, I'm not sure I want to...........

#17 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

it clearly aint us fella !! :lol:

#18 RichMPiBlue

RichMPiBlue

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

unconvinced.....

Its a bit like bumping into an old girlfriend from when you were 18 who's now in her 40's and has had some work done and doesn't like quite right. O_O

The lights are particularly awful to me . 80k?? nope, beyond niche that.

shmee is also a character that divides, clearly i'm not in the demographic for his target audience, i'm probably a bit long in the tooth. He clearly is living the dream travelling all over the world driving someone else's fast car but it all comes across a bit fan boy and I can't see top gear knocking on his door anytime soon. I've driven down there a lot and if I were doing a clasic mini piece I would have made the effort to do col d'turini or a bit of route napoloen which would have had some kudos re the mini's finest hour and the rally. If he said he was in monaco once he said it four times!

The weather looks better though, but for now I think its safe to say the pistonbroke cheque book can stay where it is...... :proud:

Spot on mate!  :lol:

#19 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

Cheers!

#20 Mick1963mk1

Mick1963mk1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

Dont like it, the lights look awful, and no moustache grill - what was he thinking !

#21 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

Few more minis saved from the bean can factory. Good for them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users