RSA Mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

Hi,

I was doing some shopping around for 10" rims and I need some support:

1) what's the difference between the revolution and the revolite?
2) where's the best place to buy rims, value for money and quality. I saw he normal site, mini spares, mini sport and James brown wheels.

Thanks

#2 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:05 PM

I've purchased twice via JBW, the second time they sent a mixed set of Revs and the wrong sleeve nuts - they were a pain to deal with on the phone, had to take them back in and get it sorted, which was a real pain.

Never had a problem with minispares on anything I've ordered (and that's been for nearly 35 years of ordering items), mini sport are slow at dispatch.

I think (?) Revolites are a copy of real Revs.  I know they sometimes peel the clear coating quickly, real Revs never had this problem back in the day.

#3 Van13

Van13

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Local Club: Unknown

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

DO NOT buy from Huddersfield mini they are cheaper on most things but will rip you a new one where ever he can

#4 mini_man96

mini_man96

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

I just had a set of 6 x 10 mambas arrive from JBW today and was very impressed with the quality! The delivery was also very fast so can't complain!

#5 RSA Mini

RSA Mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

Thanks guys... I'll take all the above into consideration before I buy. Thanks again.
Anyone used uk classic parts?

#6 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

I just had a set of 6 x 10 mambas arrive from JBW today and was very impressed with the quality! The delivery was also very fast so can't complain!

I also took delivery of a full set of rims and tyres, arrived after 24 hours with free shipping, can't fault them

#7 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

I also took delivery of a full set of rims and tyres, arrived after 24 hours with free shipping, can't fault them
Im looking to purchase same wheels from them but holding off for bingley mini show in case they have show special prices 😜
Good to hear they are good quality

#8 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:00 AM

Im looking to purchase same wheels from them but holding off for bingley mini show in case they have show special prices
Good to hear they are good quality

I got 60 notes off a package deal from their eBay shop plus the free shipping as mentioned above, some seriously good deals at the moment. Items arrived well packaged and immaculate, complete with chrome valve covers and caps and chrome wheel nuts.

#9 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

I've bought a few sets off Midland wheels and not had a problem.  To be honest they've been spot on with the customer service, they sold me a set of out of stock wheels and before taking any money contacted me and offered me a deal on an alternative.

#10 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

a lot of the aftermarket wheels all come from the same place (jbw/midland wheels) so really any price difference is down to individual supplier mark ups. I've got a set of the jbw Dunlop d1s and the quality is ok but they MUST be looked after, i recommend sealing them before fitting as the lacquer is not the best and will flake and allow white worm depending on what wheels you go for. My d1s are starting to look a bit sorry now 5 years on and around 40k miles which while not great probably isn't anyworse that many mainstream car manufacturers out there.

#11 DJS911

DJS911

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:29 AM

My lad bought a set of wheels from JBW a few months ago via their Ebay shop. They were much cheaper than buying from JBW’s own website or even from them direct at the Castle Combe Action Day.
As has been said above they came with chrome nuts and free fast delivery.

#12 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

Wish I had known about their eBay shop. Had a voucher for 20% off the other day😩

Just checked and they dont have the mambas on their eBay site unfortunately

Edited by Steve8274, 30 December 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#13 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

I bought wheels from Huddersfield. My only criticism is ring before hand to make sure theyve got them actually in stock. Mine took almost 9 months of emails, phone calls and them actually lying to my face before I got them delivered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users