2 replies to this topic

#1 stevestonmotorco

stevestonmotorco

On The Road

• Traders
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:54 AM

Take a gander at our latest tech tip video, how to adjust your valves on a classic mini. We figured that while pulling the blown engine out of our shop project car, that it would be a perfect time to give a nice detailed explanation on the process, hope you enjoy! Likes and subscriptions are always appreciated :)

#2 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,372 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

Biggest omission is not stating the engine should be cold.

I'd also check the clearance before slackening the lock nut, it's more likely to be correct than not. Also, if they're original engine bits they're getting on in years so visually inspect the rocker for wear - or move your feeler side to side so you'll feel any ridges worn in.

The clearance isn't always 12thou. Read up if you have a non standard rockers or  cam, including the one found in the MG Metro as standard.

Slight aside, you're actually checking the clearance between the cam lobe and its follower, that's what'll break if it's too slack or, worse, tight.

#3 xydte

xydte

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:46 AM

I want to thank the guys for the timing. I was adjusting my valves the time they uploading the video. I couldn't understand anything. Very good tutorial. Well done!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users