1 reply to this topic

#1 6joshh6

6joshh6

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Hi, I've got a 1275 short block which came in my mini in need of some work. Originally it was a gold seal MG Metro engine however the pistons were changed to Metro Turbo types and it was run in a turbo mini. While the engine was running it needed major work as there was a considerable amount of blow by and cracked piston rings. The taper on the crank is damaged and the pistons seem to have detonation damage. I believe the block to be +30" overbored but it will need overboring again as there is a fairly large lip. The Camshaft is unfortunately a standard 1275 cam, not an MG metro one but that said it is in very good condition. I also have a verto flywheel which can go with the block, an oil filter housing, clutch cover, timing cover and primary gears. Basically everything minus the head and the gearbox. I will upload some pictures tomorrow to make things a bit clearer. 

I know that there is a lot of work to do but I think that with the rods, cam, flywheel and other bits included £175 seems reasonable. 

Collection only, from Crewe, Cheshire. Any Questions, feel free to ask. 

Pictures here: https://drive.google...SJXCdNFRFx7MMT1

Edited by 6joshh6, 10 January 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#2 6joshh6

6joshh6

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

Now Sold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users