#16 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Local Club: Long Island Mini Enthusiasts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:40 PM

Did the seats fit in the end, have you got any pics?

The seats look like they'll be able to fit. I'm currently on a deployment with the Army until the beginning of next year so a lot is put on hold, but I have a photo of the driver's seat in the car. The shop seemed to be worried that they would have to cut into the rear bins but I showed them that the seats aren't supposed to be that far back and yes, that's very close to the steering wheel  :teehee:

Attached are a couple update photos, including the rough fit of the '10 Mini seat.

Attached Files

#17 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

***DAKOTA DIGITAL***

Has anyone used these in a Honda build? Cannot find it anywhere. I emailed them what I was trying to do and they said the gauges "do not work with Honda or BMW technology." But they have universal gauges with raw data input - I'm thinking they mean to say they're not plug and play and I'm still inclined to believe they would work.

I guess what I'm asking is, judging by their website, is there anything that would indicate that whatever technology they use would be specifically not compatible with the Honda motor? Especially since these were made for old cars with occasionally swapped engines in the first place...

#18 ryomini

ryomini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:48 PM

Looks lovely, me too I like the jeep led lights and great to see that they fit !

#19 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:32 AM

Interior Update:

A sample of the leather from the rear BMW mini seats (came with the fronts, not using the rear but still took a hidden piece) went out to Optimise Automotive and I received a wonderfully-detailed reply.

I’m including the whole email because 1) I plan on using this thread to keep all my reference material in one place and 2) I think this is fantastic customer service (and pricing) and should be recognized. This is what you have to look forward to if you choose to work with these guys. Thanks to Andy at Optimise, who I’m pretty sure I’ve seen on these forums:

“Good afternoon Rich,

The samples arrived this morning, thank you for sending those.

We have been able to identify a colour match within one of our leather ranges (Martrim premium auto collection leather - saddle), unfortunately it is the only colour match that we can find so we do not have a leatherette option.

As requested, please find below estimated prices for the work:

Estimated Costs:
Tan leather interior:
£491 (+P&P)

To whet your appetite, here are a few photos of similar seats that we have trimmed in the past (tan interiors):

[photos attached]

In addition to the above estimated total costs, please find a breakdown of costs below. Just to let you know, I have Googled the 2010 Mini Toffy Lounge interior, so the estimates below are for the back seat cover to match the design of your front seats - this includes the layout design and also the tuck ’n’ roll pleated centre panels:

Products (labour @ £26 per hour):
Seat Cover Kit - Back: £100
Seat Cover Kit - Bespoke design & layout (2 hours): £26
Seat Cover Kit - Tuck ’n’ roll centres x4 (2 hours): £52
Door Cards (MK3 Onwards) - Monte-Carlo Plus (Full Set): £98

Total: £276

Trimmings:
Martrim premium auto collection leather - saddle (x1 hide): £215

Total: £215

The above costs are rough estimates at this stage - and, if you would like me to put a quote together for you, please let me know.

Also, just to let you know - the first available start dates (for a bespoke project of this nature) are currently around the middle of November/end of November and once the work is started the lead time for such a project would typically be 2 weeks. If you would like to progress with a quote, detailed information regarding estimated start dates and estimated lead times will be included.

Finally, if you have any further queries or questions please contact us (by either email or phone).

Regards
Andy @ Optimise Automotive”

I’m really looking forward to seeing the design of the rear that matches the bmw mini seats. I definitely want something original for the door cards that also matches the design of the seats, but I can’t figure out what. While I like the diamond pattern they did for Tom on Total Car Reviews, it won’t match the look of the seats. I’m considering having black carpeting at the bottom to match the bottoms of the seats, carpet and dash rail and protect the look of the bottom of the door. But that might disrupt the look. I won’t have a window hole because of the electric windows and relocating the controls to the center console so there’s going to be a lot of empty space on the panel. If there was an appropriate place for an armrest I would have put a body color one on there but I don’t think one exists...

#20 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:07 PM

Looks lovely, me too I like the jeep led lights and great to see that they fit !

Thanks!

Apparently 7” headlights are an old standard. US Army humvees and LMTVs all have them as well. Needless to say so do loads of classic cars. It was something I hadn’t considered until I was lamenting lack of Mini headlight options to the shop owner when he said “why don’t you just get Jeep ones?”

Sometimes the most important questions are the ones you don’t even know to ask.

#21 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

Change of tack for the gauge cluster. If this is possible, I would go with these gauges from Dakota Digital. Has anyone gotten these to work with their cars, regardless of engine?

The ones in particular I'm interested in are designed for the 1968 Camaro. I like them because they have all the gauges I need in a two-pod setup, and the original 1984 Mayfair came with a similar looking setup, so it's a nice callback.

http://www.dakotadig...rod/prd1154.htm

Attached File  camaro gauges.jpg   42.66K   2 downloads

#22 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

Bit of a lull right now while I’m away but a few new items are coming in. Here are some plates with the original reg # on it, even though it’ll have to have the ugly orange New York plates when it’s done.

Attached File  F818B4B9-68FB-4CDB-A70E-6DB10F3C09F5.jpeg   64.18K   1 downloads

Edited by richgilberto, 17 November 2018 - 09:40 AM.

#23 DEXISWOLF

DEXISWOLF

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Local Club: Steel City Classics

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:19 PM

Looking good, I'm Declan off Facebook with the zircon blue Mayfair by the way :)

#24 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:38 AM

Rear seat cover and door cards went out yesterday Rich... look very nice (especially the bespoke door cards).

Regards,

Andy @ Optimise Automtoive

#25 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

Rear seat cover and door cards went out yesterday Rich... look very nice (especially the bespoke door cards).

Regards,

Andy @ Optimise Automtoive

Incredible! Thank you!

When I got the notification that it was shipped I assumed it was a glitch because I thought that was WAY too quick of a turnaround. I had my fingers crossed to receive it all before Christmas so I am very pleasantly surprised. Cannot wait to see how they look in the car.

Rich

#26 richgilberto

richgilberto

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Attached are a few update photos from the shop, including one by a Facebook group friend who happened upon the shop and snapped a pic!

New pedal box, door cards, and roof rack have arrived! The intake manifold is now on!

Attached Files

#27 E23TFD

E23TFD

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:26 AM

What stage are we at with this one?

#28 hotroder69

hotroder69

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:13 PM

What a beautiful build your doing a great job. I wish mine was half as nice.

Thanks

#29 Shukran

Shukran

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 10:25 AM

Always wonder what happened to some builds! Much enthusiasm and then.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users