4 replies to this topic

#1 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

Anyone catch this last night on Quest? Pleasantly surprised actually. Firstly I have to get over the fact that I can't stand Drew Pritchard, he's a glorified car booter with a massive ego. However, the production company needed a 'face' and however unpalatable it was his. It had shades of early WD's as it actually visits small UK businesses (A trimmer and chroming) and shows the work being done. The cars were more mainstream in a golf gti and an elan 2+2 and next week.......

theres a mini ! :D

Having had endure that ruddy awful goblin works nonsense this was a pleasant change and well worth another watch

Be interested what other people who watched it thought?

#2 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

yep I liked it. Someone on facebook said it was going to the mini episode, so I got all excited. Hopefully that'll be soon.

#3 greenwheels

greenwheels

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

A bit all paint and pretty pretty for me. We all know that sporty classics like a Golf GTi  will have been thrashed probably. I would like to have seen a compression test. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall the buyer lifting the bonnet.

#4 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

I didn’t see him lift the bonnet and thought those Pirelli alloys came a bit later than that year myself

#5 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

Nice 'original' golf, Except the non original boot spoiler, cracked rear light lens and the rust on the driver door....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users