#1 hammoj28

hammoj28

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Local Club: Scottish Minis

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:30 PM

Right, I am rather taken with the idea of the metro turbo engine. Are they hard to come by and what type of price would the engine be?? Is it a 5 speed?? What would I have to uprate on my car?? I already have 4 pot AP racing calipers. Does the engine go straight in or do I neeed to make up new engine mounts?? Someone said I would be better getting a 1275 n/a and converting it to turbo with the metro turbo parts. Please help?? Any info would be appreciated. :grin:
Thanks in advance!!

#2 Turbo Phil

Turbo Phil

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Local Club: Cumbria Classic Mini Club

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:02 PM

Metro Turbo engines are certainly getting harder to find & the price seems to be going up and up, with stuff selling for crazy prices on ebay for example.
The cheapest way to do it would be to buy a low mileage {non MG} standard 1275 engine from a Metro & Turbo this. You'll need a Turbo carb, dizzy, fuel pump, regulator, turbo + manifolds etc
You need to modify the bulkhead of the shell to allow fitment of the Turbo. You just use the Mini engine mounts, but it's worth adding extra steadies.
Uprated brakes and suspension are a must !

Phil. :D

PS. Checkout my site for more info.

#3 hammoj28

hammoj28

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Local Club: Scottish Minis

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:26 PM

Thanks mate. Right, brakes are alright as I have 4 pot AP racing ones!! Where would I get all the turbo parts and what is a turbo carb?? Sorry but I am not to familiar with it. Does this mean that it's a special carb for use with a turbo?? Also got any links in where I could get the turbo bits and does anything on the engine need uprating???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users