#1 Minitrio

Minitrio

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

Hi All,

I have purchased a set of Sportspack arches for my 89 998. I have downloaded the templates and before I start drilling and fitting I decided to place the arches in place and check the fit prior to any bodywork.

My problem is with the rear arch fitting. With the arch matched up to the template, the outer edge of the Sportspack arch is higher than the inner original bodywork arch and you can see it easily if you look at the mini side on. It looks quite naff to be honest.

They are fibreglass arches and not genuine, is the template out (from Minispares) or do you just adjust the arch down so it hides the arch?

Does anyone else have this issue? If so what did you do or has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks for reading

#2 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

I'm doing this on my 89 Japan spec. I used the Mini Spares templates as well. I tried printing them on my home printer but I couldn't get the scale to work out perfectly. I ended up going to a printer place and they got it right. Be sure to check your scale with a ruler. A small deviation can throw off the location quite a bit. I can't say anything on the fit of the fiberglass flares. I went with these: https://www.7ent.com...ck-sbo0008.html . I ruined one of my finishing strips and am waiting for a new one to come in so I can finish tightening the last flare but the fit looks good. I ended up drilling the holes a bit bigger than I initially thought they should be to get enough adjustment to keep it from binding. The templates are good but they are still just paper so getting the holes exactly right was a bit of a challenge for me.

#3 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Im struggling to work out what youve done, I cant see the original arch when Ive got mine on.

#4 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

Vozrj1c.jpg

#5 Minitrio

Minitrio

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the reply guys.

Steve220 looking at your arches, mine dont sit so far back, which could be pushing the centre of the arch up. I will have another play around this afternoon, recheck the rear and front line up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users