4 replies to this topic

#1 chode

chode

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

Hi there, so I've had a 2009 Clubman Diesel Cooper Auto for about 2 months now. Had a few BMW's before this so kind of used to the OBD system and that. So last week my tire light came on in red on the OBD (rev counter display) and took it to the tire shop and he said I had low pressure. no problem filled correct pressure and reset. Then today I was driving and it came on again but only on the OBD not on the dash where physical lights on speedo are. Cant see any noticeable difference on my tires so could it be faulty sensor. Someone also said it can be from wheelspin. I really don't want to go to BMW centre and spend hundreds for something that could be resolved here. Also why is the ride on the mini so hard. Never had such a hard suspension in my life. 

Cheers!

Edited by Ethel, 22 January 2018 - 11:12 AM.
Moved to chat as it's MINI, not Mini

#2 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

You will have noticed when you registered this is a forum for classic Mini's. There are a few members on here with a BMW MINI but I suggest you'll receive a far better response if you use a BMW MINI forum such as mini2.com.

#3 black olive

black olive

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

the tpms actually doesnt sense tyre pressure, it reads the relative wheel speeds when rotating via the ABS sensors. If one tyre goes flat it rotates at a different speed as it is effectively smaller, and this is sensed ( after filtering to remove glitches caused by wheelspin etc )

You can reset the light yourself via the dash display menus, with the ignition switched on toggle through the das display menus until the reset menu is displayed, I think there are youtube videos on how to do this.  Again, assuming you are on runflats the ride is awful due to the stiff tyre sidewalls necessary for the runflat construction, you can always go on to normal tyres but then there is the roadside puncture dilemma to consider

#4 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

Puncture?

#5 IainStallard

IainStallard

I am the first status holder 2014.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club, CCMOC

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Light can also be caused by one tyre more worn than another, for example on the front, new one side and near limit other side

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users