1293gt

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: nonw

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

Hello all,

this is not a rant, but where does all the money go to from Mini shows?

Let's take Bingley for example,

there must have been at least 500 people there, probably more like 1000 but lets go with the 500.

So, that's 500 * £12 = £6000, then all the money from the traders paying for a pitch which must be quite a bit also.

So, aside from the fact that Bingley Hall would have charged a few quid for hosting the event, if there is anything left (which I presume there is), what happens to it?

No ranting so don't come on here all guns blazing, just a genuine question that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

#2 bae1994

bae1994

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

I would guess the organisers make money off of it
So to whoever runs it would be my guess.

#3 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

I've organised local shows in the past. Nothing on the size of bingley I hasten to add. The venue will charge, bingley at a guess would be thousands.Insurance...a big one these days. God forbid someone could trip up and it be their fault, not a chance...thousand at least. Stewards - some club provide their own, some venues insist on using their own....insurance again you see :rolleyes: On the plus side, charge for entry, traders, food stands . Of the five years I was involved only one year did we make a small profit (hundreds) on that went to the club coffers to be used for the following years event. The big shows, NEC and the like I would imagine are very profitable purely due to the sheer weight of numbers.

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

it is a business. funding other shows. covering losses and paying a wage or two.

#5 1293gt

1293gt

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: nonw

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Ahh yes, Insurance....

I didn't think of that!, gone are the days of genuine accidents where people make a mistake, it's always someone elses fault so sue them!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users