#1 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Hey!

just wondering if anyone can recommend some good speakers to replace of my standard rover ones!

i can't be bothered to drill holes or rewire anything! 

thanks in advance!

#2 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

There are multi fit speakers you can buy that will fit into the holes in the rear shelf, but more than likely you WILL need to rewire the spade ends to fit the new speakers... Gonna have to not be lazy and fit them properly...

#3 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

There are multi fit speakers you can buy that will fit into the holes in the rear shelf, but more than likely you WILL need to rewire the spade ends to fit the new speakers... Gonna have to not be lazy and fit them properly...

thanks for your reply! , rewiring the spade ends isn't so bad!  :shifty: i'm just unsure if i will be able to fit 6x9s without drilling holes and replacing the parcel shelf board, so i was thinking of fitting 6 inch coaxial speakers if they slot straight in with the same fixing bolt position, i don't want a mega system :) although i did love my massive subwoofer and 6x9 speakers in my first car... haha  ;D

#4 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

You can fit 6x9s with some wood spacers available off ebay. Using the spacers means its just the magnets which sit in/through the standard hole. 

#5 Xinarin13

Xinarin13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

You can fit 6x9s with some wood spacers available off ebay. Using the spacers means its just the magnets which sit in/through the standard hole. 

I was just thinking about fitting 6x9s and moving the current ones to under the dash.... I have not seen these spacers (not for lack of trying). Do you have a link per chance?

#6 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

if that's possible then thats great! will the spacers hold it down enough and not cause vibration?

and i will look on ebay! thanks  

#7 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

I was just thinking about fitting 6x9s and moving the current ones to under the dash.... I have not seen these spacers (not for lack of trying). Do you have a link per chance?

if you find some let me know  :shifty:

#8 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...3.c100642.m3226

This is an example, they do a 6x9 spacer. I can't remember the size of the spacer that is needed. If I find them knocking around in storage I'll measure them up for you. 

#9 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...3.c100642.m3226

This is an example, they do a 6x9 spacer. I can't remember the size of the spacer that is needed. If I find them knocking around in storage I'll measure them up for you. 

okay brilliant thank you! :)

#10 roblightbody

roblightbody

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

I have JL Audio JL TR600-Cxi fitted to mine, they are screwed down tight, using the original holes.  They also use the original speaker wiring, and I have a new Sony Bluetooth head unit - to my ears, it all sounds superb - until the car starts moving!

The cutout required for these speakers is 12.7cm...  I measured the hole in the shelf on the car at a fraction under 13cm so thats pretty darn close.

I deliberately got ones that weren't the absolute maximum size for the hole, to make it easier to fit.  

When shopping around, use the cut-out size for guidance, rather than just the size the speaker says it is.

Edited by roblightbody, 31 March 2018 - 06:18 PM.

#11 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

I have JL Audio JL TR600-Cxi fitted to mine, they are screwed down tight, using the original holes.  They also use the original speaker wiring, and I have a new Sony Bluetooth head unit - to my ears, it all sounds superb - until the car starts moving!

The cutout required for these speakers is 12.7cm...  I measured the hole in the shelf on the car at a fraction under 13cm so thats pretty darn close.

I deliberately got ones that weren't the absolute maximum size for the hole, to make it easier to fit.  

When shopping around, use the cut-out size for guidance, rather than just the size the speaker says it is.

Hello and thank you for your reply :) i will take a look at the speakers you mentioned. i still haven't decided... i was debating on 6x9's but if the sound difference isn't a massive from 13cm speakers... then i'm happy to stick with that size! i have an aftermarket head unit which is decent enough but also thinking about upgrading to a DAB system. 

Cheers!

#12 roblightbody

roblightbody

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

They're not actually 13cm speakers!  They'd drop through the 13cm hole!  They're 16cm speakers, designed for a 12.7cm hole.

#13 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

They're not actually 13cm speakers!  They'd drop through the 13cm hole!  They're 16cm speakers, designed for a 12.7cm hole.

ah yes silly me! haha, i can't your speakers on the internet :( only ones i have found are over £100! where did you get yours from? 

#14 matto224

matto224

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:45 PM

update! i ended up ordering 6x9's with a wooden spacer kit, hopefully it won't be too difficult to fit them :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users