4 replies to this topic

#1 leyland_cars

leyland_cars

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

Hi everyone just joined the forum and this is my new purchase from car and classic after saving like mad, I'm not new to classic minis but this is my first since 2003.

Drove all the way to Scarborough from Kent! 

If anyone has any centre caps for the extraction alloys or wheel nut covers like the clubman ones for sale please get in touch!

Attached File  mini 1100 special.jpg   10.69K   15 downloads

#2 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

I saw the ad for that it looks a tidy car.

Enjoy pal !

#3 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Welcome. That is a lovely car :) Hope you come right on the search for the original items for it. 

#4 leyland73

leyland73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

Snap! Lovely 1100 Special you have, I always though British Leyland got the 1100 Specials just right, they were very well finished compared to the standard Mini 1000 or the Clubman. I think what would have made them extra special would have been for BL to have fitted a set of twin carburettors and improved the engine breathing a little and given it better performance.

A little more performance would have made all the difference, could have been based on the 1275GT running gear and 12 inch GKN alloys and BL Special Tuning carburettors, manifolds etc. Now these would have been pocket rockets!

Attached Files

Edited by leyland73, 18 February 2018 - 12:51 PM.

#5 leyland_cars

leyland_cars

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Snap! Lovely 1100 Special you have, I always though British Leyland got the 1100 Specials just right, they were very well finished compared to the standard Mini 1000 or the Clubman. I think what would have made them extra special would have been for BL to have fitted a set of twin carburettors and improved the engine breathing a little and given it better performance.

A little more performance would have made all the difference, could have been based on the 1275GT running gear and 12 inch GKN alloys and BL Special Tuning carburettors, manifolds etc. Now these would have been pocket rockets!

Yours is stunning! The guy before me had the alloys refurbished but said he could not get hold of the middle covers nor the clubman wheel nut covers. Also mine does not have the clubman bumpers like it should as he said these where rare now. I couldn't believe how hard you have to push on the brake pedal compared to modern cars haha, drum brakes all round...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users