#1 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

Afternoon all,

Im looking at changing my sportspack arches on my Mini and want to go for something a bit smaller. Does anyone have any experience with trying to put different arches on after having trimmed the front panels to suit sportspack arches and wide wheels?

At the moment I have quite a bit step change as it is a fibreglass front so im concerned I am going to end up with very limited options (or staying with big arches) without a new front end.

#2 Colinmac1330

Colinmac1330

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

This is something I have always wondered because I have contemplated going to 10" but like you I have sportspack arches currently. Sorry I can't help though.

#3 Mervyn

Mervyn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

Main problem is the mounting holes in the front wings and rear 1/4 panels. They'll need welding up and repainting. They sit very high up so smaller arches wouldn't cover them

Merv

#4 Colinmac1330

Colinmac1330

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

I think there is a niche in the market for someone making a narrow sportspack arch :-)

#5 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Currently having rear holes welded up and new front wings to get away from a cheap knock-off sportspack set of arches on my car.

I did look into other options, but only similarly large arches (gp 5 etc) would cover the cut front wings and the rear mounting holes, and if I wanted 10" wheels they'd still have to be very wide to fill out the arch. Ended up wanting a more original look so bodywork was the only option.

#6 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Im welding on new quarter bottoms anyway so welding up little holes wouldnt be a problem. I can also fibreglass over the holes on the front as its a fibreglass front anyway. Paint is not a priority on my car!

#7 mickyh

mickyh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:56 PM

I was too looking for another option, but it would be two new front wings to go back to a smaller arch. I surprised nobody offers a repair kit to return the wings to normal😁

#8 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,895 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

I was too looking for another option, but it would be two new front wings to go back to a smaller arch. I surprised nobody offers a repair kit to return the wings to normal

You can buy a set of magnum wings and cut out what you need?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users