3 replies to this topic

#1 Mini 1100 special

Mini 1100 special

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

Has anyone got diagram or photos of there savage switch setup? Seen one diagram just hard to follow anyone eles got photos and links too resistors and diodes used?

#2 AndyR

AndyR

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

I cant remember where i got this diagram from, but it was the easiest to follow and worked great.  The resistors i bought have long been taken off ebay, but i dont remember it being any more difficult than just searching for 2w4k7 resistor etc.  I didnt use the resistors in the below diagram, but used a mixture of 2w4k7, 2w1k resistors and P600A and 1N5408 Diodes.  Which were used in another "how to" i found online.  The best is to make up the circuits on the bench to test if you get the effect you are after.  And remember, if you dont get the wire rating correct you could create a vehicle fire and destroy your pride and joy, if not worse.  And a 12v jolt isnt especially enjoyable either. So only attempt this if you are confident in your electrical skills.  

Switchwiring_zpswjd419mb.jpg

Andy

#3 phillrulz

phillrulz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Except for the diodes being in the wrong polarity not a bad drawing. Clever bugger that drew this up took a while for me to realize, the "12v acc fed" is so all lights light up dimmer then when in use they get full system voltage making them brighter. Youll know when its the wrong polarity as everything will run, slow and dim. 

#4 phillrulz

phillrulz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:13 PM

a forum member does sell them, however their not cheap. But then again if your buying your own switches, there £16 ish a pop. I believe Wired by wilson's kit is just plug and play. Drop him a message on here. 

https://www.wiredbyw...roducts-prices/

http://www.theminifo...-wiredbywilson/

Edited by phillrulz, 18 February 2018 - 10:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users