#1 grizzler73

grizzler73

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Hi guys
I'm in the middle of my Race GTM build and was thinking of starting to collect all the parts I need to build my gearbox. I have a A+ DAM5626 box which I plan to convert to CR. Am I right in thinking that I need to replace the 1st motion with 18 tooth DAM3167, use the DAM3168 CR laygear and change the 2nd (26 teeth) and third gears (21 teeth)? I will also use the competition layshaft, baulk rings and all the usual rebuild items such as bearings etc. Does that sound right or am I missing something!? I have been reading up on it but may have just confused myself...
S

#2 dotmatrix

dotmatrix

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

what I did when I build mine using DAM3167 and DAM3168 was start with a A+ gearbox, and assemble it using those two gears, the second and third gear from a non-A-plus standard 998 gearbox and then use the existing A+ gearbox stuff.

this box have been working perfectly for some years now in my hill-climb car.

Edited by dotmatrix, 21 February 2018 - 10:24 AM.

#3 grizzler73

grizzler73

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Thanks, I thought I was on the right track. I have a mid seventies rod box as well that I can get the 2nd and 3rd from, Minispares sell a DAM 3167 and I can get a DAM 3168 from Guessworks!

An other thing, I want to fit a oil temp gauge, I was thinking the best place for this would be in the sump? I was planning on tapping a hole just above the drain plug, what do people think?

Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users