3 replies to this topic

#1 Pauljb

Pauljb

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

Need help! Recently purchased a 1985 mini with a 1275 engine and 3 clock dash. All of a sudden the rev counter stopped working all togther and and speedo is erratic. I've already read loads of posts on here regarding the volts stabiliser ( but the rest of the dash still works fine), wiper motor park (but this doesn't work on my other mini and yet the rev counter does) and heater blower not working (but it does work in mine) as they share the same fuse??
I've also noticed the interior light, hazards and indicators don't work, but I have just replaced the hazard switch which I think is the issue on that one.
Just worried about my dash!
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Paul

#2 andyapanel

andyapanel

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

Check your fuse box.Look at the fuses and the clips-are they nice and bright? If not, it might be an idea to replace the fuse box.Use decent fuses (i.e. Minispares)/Somerfords)

I seem to remember the Tacho and Heater are on the same fuse-it happened to me a few years ago

Hazard and indicators have line fuses, which should be behind the airbox on the bulkhead If its not them it may be the relays.(The M6killed my indicator relay a few days ago)

If the wiper motor will not park, you need a new Park switch.

The speedo sounds like the drive might be binding, but check it is fully engaged with the instrument panel first

Interior lights are probably the door switches not working, but move the switch on the light to check you have power.If not, its probably another fuse.I don't have my Haynes in front of me, so I don't know which one)

I( assume you have a Haynes?)

Good luck, particularly in this weather; I have been outside repairing damage sustained to my RSP on the M6 at Knutsford-there are a lot of BIG potholes in the northbound middle lane.

#3 Pauljb

Pauljb

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:27 AM

I know. I live in Preston, it's like one Bing pothole! Thanks for the tips. Ill be checking it all tomorrow on my day off. Im hoping is all just quick fixes, but it is a mini!

#4 andyapanel

andyapanel

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

Good luck-hope you have a garage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users