#16 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

Mine is excellent, only gets condensation in very cold weather when there is snow an ice around and very little of that actually drips on the car. My drive is on a slope so any rain on the floor flows past rather than in and the floor inside the cover stays bone dry so maybe this helps.

#17 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

carport+dehumidifer

#18 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

My Mini has been fine through all the snow and colder weather under the trike cover, I do have a 50mm gap on the front of the cover (the cover has never shut fully) and keep the high level vents open so the Mini gets good air flow around the car. I have not had any condensation on the outside, inside or under the bonnet.

http://www.theminifo...ttach_id=193591

Edited by JXC Mini GT, 23 March 2018 - 07:09 PM.

#19 Eds.mini.lulu

Eds.mini.lulu

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

I have a tailored car cover, off minispares only 100£ or so. Claims to be waterproof and breathable. And I would recommend. Car has been under the cover when not driven all the time. Car is always pretty much dry when I take the cover off, and I can't spot any condensation so the breathability is good. I do leave the windows open slightly under the cover as well and the inside is never wet or damp. I have checked regularly over the winter and I would highly recommend. I would say the paintwork as some swirl marks but no real scratches from the cover. The car is newly restored but I don't consider it concourse plus I use the car as much as poss.

#20 guywilko

guywilko

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

Dont like covers. Had one on mine outside for 2 years. Bad condeensation, especially the boot

#21 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,485 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

Dont like covers. Had one on mine outside for 2 years. Bad condeensation, especially the boot

My Clubman Estate has an All Cars Covered item, very good quality but still scratches the car if it's moved when on the car. Once it's on its great, would highly recommend!

And I have to admit I hate covers

#22 Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:09 AM

1- waxoil and a paintbrush - spend a morning with the wheels off and coat everything you can under the car and engine bay - any bare metal. 

2- wax all the paintwork and chrome - no need to buff off excess.

3- For interior - Condensation trap from B&Q - the type that has a replaceable block for the interior.

4- remove/store indoors the carpets and any soundproofing - back seats too if they are fabric and you have room in loft.

5 - when its dry and warm weather  give the car an airing with windows open.

Google storing cars for more advice..... some will remove plugs, put on chocks with wheels off , ..... then you risk decommissioning to a point where it never gets back on the road...

All the best

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users