39 replies to this topic

#16 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

Newest addition to my baby.  Looking forward to trying it out.  What you all think?

IMG_1511_zpsa1e7sfy2.jpg

#17 psmini

psmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Looks great!!!  Need one of those for mine.

#18 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:53 AM

Always nice to know your fruits aren't rolling around in the footwell. 😁

#19 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

Love that! Are these available in the UK?

Does it clash with where you rest your foot?

#20 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:53 AM

Here is a prime example of why some people register there cars as something older!   :lol:   Went to have my emissions test yesterday and I failed at idle.  So I need to do some work to get it to pass.  Input I've gotten so far.  Change oil, check plugs, filter, points, and timing.  Any other input from this awesome group?  Thanks!

28953671_10215214728860815_1365178951423

The value of HC on your car does look high but CO doesn't seem too bad if its a carb car without a CAT. 

The figure of 1.2 for CO they are using is presumably with a CAT, does the car have one and if not should it have for the test?

#21 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

Love that! Are these available in the UK?

Does it clash with where you rest your foot?

I purchased the basket from Japan, and had it shipped to me.  I can do a fitment test tonight when I get home and take some pictures with my foot for reference.

Here is a prime example of why some people register there cars as something older!   :lol:   Went to have my emissions test yesterday and I failed at idle.  So I need to do some work to get it to pass.  Input I've gotten so far.  Change oil, check plugs, filter, points, and timing.  Any other input from this awesome group?  Thanks!

28953671_10215214728860815_1365178951423

The value of HC on your car does look high but CO doesn't seem too bad if its a carb car without a CAT. 

The figure of 1.2 for CO they are using is presumably with a CAT, does the car have one and if not should it have for the test?

The car should have a CAT, and I will double check this evening when I do the oil change and tune up.  I honestly haven't had the car very long and really haven't even had a chance to mess with it at all.  But you bring up valid points, thanks!

#22 Booska

Booska

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

nice seats, are they stock?

#23 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:58 AM

nice seats, are they stock?

As far as I know they are.  They are in great shape.

#24 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

Some unfortunate information.  The cupholder/basket isn't going to work.  It interrupts the foot on the clutch location.  Here are some photos so you can see what I mean.  :(

MiniCup2_zps9tbkegie.jpeg

MiniCupholder_zpsuori5e8r.jpeg

#25 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for checking that - I very nearly bought one off ebay last week, but thought there might have been a clash. Good to have it confirmed.

You'll have to sell it to a Beetle owner!

#26 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

So I was going to take the kids to school this morning and handle my emissions so I can enjoy the beautiful weather when......my fuel pump took a crap!  Backed out of the garage to see fluid dripping.  Checked the radiator and then decided to smell the ground and realized it was fuel.  Looked at the fuel pump and it was badly leaking, so back into the garage the car went.  Already placed my order with MiniSpares for a new fuel pump and a carb rebuild kit since I'll be in there anyway.  Needless to say it will be a bit before I get out and enjoy the weather.  :cry:  :cry:

FuelPump_zpsug7gflkz.jpeg

#27 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

Got her all registered and out in the wild today!  More photos to come when I get my camera out and go for a drive in the mountains.  But for now, just wanted to show her out and about.

IMG_1895_zpslnmefv8v.jpg

#28 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:47 PM

looking good!

#29 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

So I was going to take the kids to school this morning and handle my emissions so I can enjoy the beautiful weather when......my fuel pump took a crap!  Backed out of the garage to see fluid dripping.  Checked the radiator and then decided to smell the ground and realized it was fuel.  Looked at the fuel pump and it was badly leaking, so back into the garage the car went.  Already placed my order with MiniSpares for a new fuel pump and a carb rebuild kit since I'll be in there anyway.  Needless to say it will be a bit before I get out and enjoy the weather.  :cry:  :cry:

It looks as though the leak could be from the rubber pipes?

#30 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

It looks as though the leak could be from the rubber pipes?

Yeah I believe the pipes were loose, but I replaced the fuel pump regardless.  I was having the carb rebuilt and figured it was something that could be done easily enough while the carb was out.  Everything is running peachy at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users