#16 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

Hi wafumini,

download newest memsanalyzer from rmrsoft.com.

When you look to your values in your excel file you will see that it stays too cold.So either the thermostat is not working right or the coolant sensor works wrong.As the thermostat is cheap and easy to change i would try this first. Second your short term fuel trim stays below 100.That means car is always running with ritch emission.But this may change when water temp is correct.So try this first.

#17 WafuMini

WafuMini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

Thanks genpop. Thought I already had the latest version of Mems analyser (1.04 I think) but I'll go and double check.

I've got a spare thermostat kicking around so I'll swap that in and see if it sorts the problem. Although I did put one in not too long ago so I'm not sure this is the problem. Failing that I guess I'd better go learn how to remove the inlet manifold..

#18 WafuMini

WafuMini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

Hi guys.

Met up with MiniAida recently who gave me lots of helpful advice. Seems the starting problem all started from a poor electrical connection on the connector for the CPS.

Genpop noted that it looked like I also had a problem with engine not appearing to get to temperature ccorsing to Mems. So I double checked the thermostat (no problem there), so decide to bite the bullet and pull of the inlet manifold to get to the coolant temp sensor. Low and behold it is completely covered in brown sludge. Pulled it out, flushed out the coolant channels (so much came out it is a wonder any was even flowing through) and popped in a new one.

Now in the process of refitting the manifold and I have hit a snag. My fuel return pipe (he solid one from the throttle body) will not tighten back up. The union nut appears completely seized to the pipe and to the adapter, but the adapter is not tight into the throttle body. If I try to tighten up either I'm worried that I will just twist and damage the fuel pipe itself. In an ideal world I'd probably just write it off and stump up for a new one as it is clearly past its best, but I can't seem to find anywhere that has any in stock. Any one know where I can get hold of one? Or how on earth I can get the union nut unstuck?

Thanks

#19 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:37 AM

go to a plummer who works on gas heating systems, they have simular nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users