9 replies to this topic

#1 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

I am sure we have all been here, Me and the Mrs went round to friends house the other night, had a few drinks and a pleasant night until the subject for some bizarre reason got to full size snooker tables and how to transport them. I said that it would be possible to deliver one using a transit Jumbo van, to which my mate Mrs who works in courier/logistics said I was talking ******* (I think we all where) and there was no such thing as a Jumbo transit van..... I mean come on everyone knows there is ! but she wouldn't have it, I jokingly said ok then how about a 7.5ton box truck... she said it wouldn't fit in one of them either... women they really need to brush up on the size of things and especially if you work in that line. We all left as friends though.

#2 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:41 AM

I used to work in a place delivering TVs etc.. the women there used to ring up to ask me to go back to a customers house Id left about an hour ago to get onto my next delivery. They really couldn't grasp the concept of travelling time.... If I left a house an hour ago, for my last job, it would take me an hour to get back to that house, then another hour to get back to where I was when they ring up... so that would be 2 hours wasted just because 1 person wanted me to go back... I usually refused to go back, they never understood what I meant...

And yes there are Jumbo Transit Vans, I used to drive one, and a semi high top long wheel base Transit too...

#3 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

we got the entire contents of a 3 bed semi in a transit box van with tail lift, no snooker tables though!  ;D there wasn't much space to spare!

Also I could drive it on my rubbish licence that doesn't allow 7.5 tonners

#4 One step at a time

One step at a time

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Yes it would fit as there only 6ft wide, but Surely a full sized 12 feet snooker table weight is over a 1000Kg and you wouldnt carry it out in one piece. .

#5 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

I would put more water in your scotch.....!

#6 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

I used to move snooker tables around, they come apart including the 12 x 6 slate full size table, so as long as they don't overload the van they can be moved in a transit style van

David

#7 Mini-dude

Mini-dude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

What is a snooker table?

#8 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

What is a snooker table?

It's like a pool table but with class😊

#9 Mini-dude

Mini-dude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

Oh i was way off lol i thought it was something mechanical, like a demmeler table

Edited by Mini-dude, 05 March 2018 - 01:30 AM.

#10 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,844 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

I am sure we have all been here, Me and the Mrs went round to friends house the other night, had a few drinks and a pleasant night until the subject for some bizarre reason got to full size snooker tables and how to transport them. I said that it would be possible to deliver one using a transit Jumbo van, to which my mate Mrs who works in courier/logistics said I was talking ******* (I think we all where) and there was no such thing as a Jumbo transit van..... I mean come on everyone knows there is ! but she wouldn't have it, I jokingly said ok then how about a 7.5ton box truck... she said it wouldn't fit in one of them either... women they really need to brush up on the size of things and especially if you work in that line. We all left as friends though.

Sometimes you just gotta bite your tongue, wait a few minutes to properly gather your thoughts and change the subject.

Alcohol doesn't assist.

Either that you you both need LOADS more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users