I'd lose the external sunvisor. It looks like an old codger wearing a flat cap

#17 Luckylee

Luckylee

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

I’m in the same boat (well similar) I’m considering a carbon fibre.roof wrap on a silver mini ..
Pro’s
1 it’s cheapish
2 hoping it’ll hide a couple of dents (smallish)
3 hoping it’ll look good
Con’s
1 I’ll f#@k it up
2 it won’t hide dents
3 it’ll look s#@t
Thoughts please ✌️

#18 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

I personally like the sunvisor meself, have been looking for one for a while ....

If done well, a wrap looks good but it can have a tendancy to wrinkle and go brittle over time.

I painted my roof a while ago, and it needs repainting now because it looks crap and the paint has got dirty (lack of care on my part) it cost me just over £25 for the paint including primer etc...

I wouldn't wrap a roof in carbon fibre effect vinyl because it doesn't have any depth to it and gets very dirty easily and for some reason tends to change colour over time.

Just my opinion...

However I have been toying with the idea of wrapping mine in stickerbomb vinyl, but theres very expensive and cheap options....

#19 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

I personally like the sunvisor meself, have been looking for one for a while ....

If done well, a wrap looks good but it can have a tendancy to wrinkle and go brittle over time.

I painted my roof a while ago, and it needs repainting now because it looks crap and the paint has got dirty (lack of care on my part) it cost me just over £25 for the paint including primer etc...

I wouldn't wrap a roof in carbon fibre effect vinyl because it doesn't have any depth to it and gets very dirty easily and for some reason tends to change colour over time.

Just my opinion...

However I have been toying with the idea of wrapping mine in stickerbomb vinyl, but theres very expensive and cheap options....

In regards to your sicker bomb idea, I once went to a VW show where some chap with a beetle had a bucket load of stickers and was charging people like £1 to put 10 stickers on... the thing was covered and I guess it essentially cost him nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users