#1 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

I have sourced some connectors and terminal pins to make up USB cables to allow use of the PC applications made available such as  MEMSGauge, MEMSAnalyser and MEMS-rosco. At this time, I cannot justify the cost of the USB TTL converters to make all the cables other than for myself.

I am ONLY offering 10 connectors as a kit for YOU you to make your own cable. Cost of £9.00 posted UK mainland only is for one connector kit (Price is based on cost to me plus postage and packing). There are only ten of these connectors kits available, so be quick. I will start a separate post on how to put your name down to reserve one of these connector kits, with simple but strict instructions. If you cannot follow these simple instructions, you may miss out. I do not have the time or patience for those who cannot carry out my simple requests, they are that simple.

Just so it is absolutely clear, you are buying only the connector kit, and NOT the USB TTL cable, YOU will have to buy that separately.

so,

Kit contents....

• 1x TE Connectivity 172201 housing
  • 3x TE Connectivity 170280 terminal pins
  • 1x Short piece of heat shrink tubing
  • 1x cable tie

YOU will need to buy your own USB TTL converter cable, and can easily be sourced in the UK from here http://www.easysync-...232r-5v-we.html

Refer to the excellent resource page here http://alum.wpi.edu/...c-protocol.html

Assembly instructions referring to the above resource.....

• Drill two 3mm holes in the edge of the connector housing as shown in the picture below.
  • Slide the heat shrink tube over the wire end of the cable.
  • Snip off the bare wire ends of the red, brown and green wires then carefully and neatly fold back the wires onto the black cable sheath. (failure to snip off the bare wire ends may cause failure of the USB cable)
  • slide the heat shrink sleeve down over the red, brown and green wires and shrink with heat. See picture below.
  • Crimp or solder the terminal pins onto the black, yellow and orange wires.
  • Insert the terminal pins into the connector housing referring to the resource page linked to above. Make sure the pins are inserted such that the pin locks in the housing, seat into the 'open' part of the terminal pins.
  • Insert the cable tie through the first hole, then through the loop created by the red, brown and green wires so that all six wires are gripped by the tie, then pass the tie through the second hole. See pictures below.
  • Close the tie and pull tight making sire the black yellow and orange wires are neatly looped out of the way. See pictures below.

I've had to edit the postage costs, never realised how much its gone up. PICTURES WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY

Attached File  IMG_2327.JPG   60.74K   26 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2307.JPG   70.46K   16 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2308.JPG   37.84K   12 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2309.JPG   41.72K   17 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2310.JPG   56.06K   15 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2311.JPG   60.64K   14 downloads

Edited by Sprocket, 01 April 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

If you want a connector kit to make up a USB cable, you MUST follow these simple instructions. Failure to follow these simple instructions might mean you miss out altogether

There are only 10 connector kits, that is TEN connector kits available. Only 1 connector, that is ONE connector per user (only fair).

You MUST first register your interest in this topic with a simple clear and concise reply, then you MUST Private Message me to confirm your interest. I will only then update the list below upon receiving both your reply here in this topic, and by private message. This is a first come first served basis with no butting in, making it fair for all. I will not be doing this again, when they are gone, they are gone. I will not be ordering any more, and any request asking if I have any left will fall on deaf ears.

Just so it is absolutely clear, you are buying only the connector kit, and NOT the USB TTL cable, YOU will have to buy that separately.

If the list below is full, that is, all ten lines have a name against them, there are no more available!

Edited by Sprocket, 26 April 2018 - 09:54 AM.

#3 orcadian

orcadian

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:29 PM

PM sent

Regards,
Ian

#4 Nu2mini

Nu2mini

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

PM sent

Regards

Dave

#5 viz139

viz139

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Local Club: Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Pm sent

#6 Ronnie cook

Ronnie cook

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

How will this help me with my high emission I am not understanding I have never worked on a mini that has a ecu please explain. Little ron

#7 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

All please bear with, I am away from a proper computer until the end of the week. One reason I asked for your cooperation in following my instruction. Thank you.

#8 mina08

mina08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:11 AM

I know you stated UK only, but i would be interested.

pm sent

#9 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:31 AM

How will this help me with my high emission I am not understanding I have never worked on a mini that has a ecu please explain. Little ron

This is a for sale post, if you've got a problem you'll need to start off a new topic in the technical section.

#10 MR J

MR J

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Local Club: Doncaster Mini Owners

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

I'd like a connector please. PM sent.

#11 WafuMini

WafuMini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

I would like one please. PM sent.

#12 mina08

mina08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

pm sent

#13 Frazer stuart

Frazer stuart

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

I'd like a set please sprocket if there's any left. PM ing you now

#14 mina08

mina08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

Sprocket, can mems be used on a Mac or Windows/Android only

#15 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

Sprocket, can mems be used on a Mac or Windows/Android only

I don't know mate, youd have to ask the software developers. Is it not possible to run a virtual windows machine in the Mac environment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users